The Baker

This is more of a sweeter chapter to recover from the last ones, probably my favorite so far, and it might have something for the future , but first I need to explain something, Malus is an immortal so he ages REEEEEAAAALLLLYYY SLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW, so although he's 60,000 or something (I never remember dates XD) he's technically 12, and now all this aside, TIME FOR THE SHOW

__________________________________________

"H-hi, I-I'm Malus" he said shyly. "Hi malus want a cookie?" The filly asked smiling as she reached into the display case and grabbed some cookies. "My parents always want me to rip off other foals by doubling the price, so I just bake my own, " she stated as she gave him the cookie. "Thanks!" He said graciously taking the cookie and biting it and soon his mouth was overflowed with the delicious taste of a cookie from heaven. "Wow~, your a great baker! This is maybe the best cookie ever! " he said smiling as he complimented the filly as she blushed. "Th-thanks I love baking, my name is sweetcakes, although my family calls me cookie since they like my cookies," she said. 

"Hi cookie. It's a weekend, shouldn't you be out with your friends?" He asked as he finished the mouthwatering baked good. "Well... My parents are always busy and so I usually have to run the store." The filly confessed as she sighed. "Really? That's crazy, who's your parents?" Malus asked curious of Cookies parents. "Well my mom is Pinkie Pie, she's usually busy with her friends Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Twilight, and Fluttershy. And my dad is cheese sandwich, he's always traveling. " she explained as her curiosity grew over the foal standing in front of the counter. "Who's your mom and dad? If you don't mind my asking." 

"Oh, my parents are..." He started to say before he stopped himself, he didn't want to say anything about his mom or anything of that, he didn't want his new friend to know about his past or she would like him and something about that sounded almost un bearable."I don't know my parents," he sighed. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't kn-" "it's okay, you don't need to feel bad, no harm done" Malus quickly said interrupting her apology, he didn't want her to feel bad. He wanted to keep her happy. 

"Oh, but I really am sorry, but anyway I don't have to work tomorrow, do you want to go get a milkshake?"She asked. " Oh sure! Yeah I'll be here around 12:00, sound good?" He questioned. "Sure I'll see you then! " she replied smiling as Malus ran out the door, "he's a nice kid" she thought.