chapter eight

an- follow @liveagainwattpad on Instagram for exclusive news, updates and competitions !

"Okay everyone! I have two words to say to you guys! CHRISTMAS SHOW!" Lauren, Head of dance was giving us a talk, clearly about the Christmas show. Monday mornings were always heavy going for dance but now with Christmas show preparation? It's going to be even more heavy going. I spotted Noah sitting across the room looking a little nervous for his first day back.

"So I want to see some people do some featured dances like duets, trios even solos if you're confident. I want to see some of my elites that's you - Kelsie, Jaqueline, Richelle, Eric" Lauren looked around the room and I blushed as my name was called.

"There's an audition sheet going up today - you have until the end of this week to put your name down along with a song and style" Lauren pinned the sheet visibly to the wall in front. "Auditions will take place next week but until then we are working on our group dances in class!"

"This is not your first school Christmas play guys - This is the UCLA annual Christmas show. There might very well be scouts, coaches, employers watching - no slacking, no lazy dancing. Kelsie, warm up go!" Lauren headed behind her office door as Kelsie, a senior and dance student stood in front of everyone and began stretching. As we did I saw Noah shuffle over to stand by me.

"Hey" He kind of whispered, trying not to get caught.

"Hey, You okay?" I asked, not thinking of another reason for Noah to come and join me.

"Yeah, just wanted to be next to you " He said smiling, I awkwardly smiled back and thought to myself that it was a tincy bit weird.

Around midday, we finished an intense few hours of dance. Everyone took to their lockers and Noah came and stood by me - he was being awfully clingy today.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to put forward a duet for the show?" Noah asked. When I used to dance with him, it would always be me asking him to do a duet - ironic huh?

"Sure, why not?" I felt like I got along with Noah, we both knew each other's styles and we worked really well together.

"Oh, okay cool!" Noah said, shortly after he rang the phone - I didn't see who. Being the nosey girl I am I couldn't help but listen in.

"Hey, Abi it's me" I heard him say and my eyes widened. Are they still together? After two years they're still going strong? I remember the days when I used to be jealous of them.

"I was just wondering if you still wanted me to come down to your parents' on the weekend?" I heard him ask. "Okay, see you then, Love you" Yup. guess they were still together.

I decided to leave then to go and grab some lunch as I was starving, I didn't want to eat alone so I decided to phone Ben.

"Hey, guess who?" I smiled, Ben made me incredibly happy - even on the phone.

"Hey Richelle" I heard him say

"So....I don't really feel like eating alone so do you want to go to starbucks with me?" I asked

there was a pause. "Honestly, I wish I could but I have football practice until five" he said

"okay, love you" I said, ben said it back and I hung up. I secretly wanted Noah to hear me saying 'love you' so that he knew he wasn't the only one who had a good relationship, but he had gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

{sorry for skipping ahead so far!!}

FRIDAY

This week had been pretty much covered by dance, rehearsals, working on mine and Noah's duet, work. I managed to see Ben a couple of times and Chrissie had been okay all week. Today, I had our final rehearsal with Noah before the audition.