Saved By The Nell

Thirty One-Saved By The Nell

Oh my fucking god. Why the hell does my head hurt so bad?

Millions of questions and memories run through me, but I shove them down. The first question I need to answer is, where the fuck am I? I force myself to open my eyes, and a bright light causes me to shut them again. Ow.

More slowly this time, I open my eyes so they can adjust to the light. I look around after they’re adjusted, and I se I’m in some type of grey prison cell. It’s walls and ground is concrete grey, with cracks and rocks all over the place. It isn’t very big, and there’s a wooden table with two chairs over near the left. On the right is a white door, and there’s only one window.

Next question: What the hell happened?

I look down at my self and see that I’m tied to a chair, and not very well I might add. It’s like the person that tied me up was a kindergartener.

My hands tied behind my back, tape on my mouth, and my legs tied together, I cant move unless I get the knots out. I wince when my head throbs because I’m moving my head around too much. The memory of Bones hitting my head with a baseball bat shoves through my mind, and I scowl. Once I get my hands on a metal baseball bat he’s the first one going down.

I hold my breath to see if I can hear anybody. Either there’s nobody outside or this room’s soundproof, because I cant hear anything. I guess that makes my chances better to escape then. Good thing I played a lot of escape games when I was a kid, otherwise I would suck at untying these knots right now.

Who knew those games would actually come in handy?

Just when I was about to un-do the first knot, I hear voices. So this room isn’t soundproof.

“Hey, I think she’s up.” A voice, Bones, says.

“Good. Faster she’s awake, the faster we can get this done.” Another voice, I think Willard, says.

Shit.

I quickly shut my eyes tight and steady my breathing, to act as if I were asleep. I hear the handle on the door jiggle, then the door creak open.

“Is she up?” Willard asks.

I hear a sigh. “No. Damn it.”

“Bones, what if you hit her too hard on the head and she doesn’t wake up? This isn’t gonna work then.”

Bones curses. “Willard, shut up. Don’t add more stress to my pile. If these brothers find us, game over. And if she doesn’t wake up soon, game over.” I hear footsteps, then the door creak open and then shut again.

I squint my eyes a little bit to see if they’re gone, and yes, they are. Score for me! In those movies where people get kidnapped, they always stay awake and never fake that their sleeping so that the kidnappers wont kill them. What idiots.

I go back to untangling the knots, which is harder than it seems, since you cant see what your doing. I hear the door jiggle again, and I fall back into my position.

“Just wait, I’ll see if she’s really up.” I hear Cain chuckle. Shit.

I hear footsteps, then nothing, but I remain in my position, eyes shut tight. A sharp pain on my shoulder makes my eyes shoot open and I shriek in pain.

Cain smirks. “I knew you were faking. Sneaky devil.” He snickers and the others walk in. I grunt at him in annoyance, and he rips the tape off my mouth and I groan in pain.