Murder 30

October 30th, 20XX

Phoenix couldn't believe that the young, weak, blonde girl with blue eyes had any blood connection with her crush, Leo BlackWood. They didn't even look similar!

"How are you related to Leo?! You don't can look like him and I know he doesn't have any siblings!!!" Phoenix screamed at the girl as she pushed her against the alley.

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything." Lilyan whimpered in pain.

"You didn't do anything, huh? YOU TOOK ALL OF LEO'S ATTENTION FROM ME! HE WAS MINE!"

"But... I didn't mean to. I didn't even realize that...," Lilyan murmured softly.

Phoenix ignored whatever Lilyan had said and shoved her to the ground while hissing, "Just go die. I bet Leo is just pities you because he had to deal with you." She then walked away, leaving Lilyan alone.

Lilyan whimpered and cried on the ground.

The next day, Phoenix had found out that Lilyan had taken her words seriously and committed suicide. She had held her head down in guilt as she saw Leo's only sister crying in his arms screaming:

"Why did she have to die?! What did she do wrong?!!!!"

Leo could only hold his sister in his arms, trying not to let the tears come out of his eyes.

Never in her life, did she ever regret her choice of words until that day.

Phoenix had soon forgotten that memory, as her brain just deleted it. But her mind urged her to become a detective, so she could help others to not do what she did. She truly regretted it.

Phoenix sat in Leo's office patiently. Leo walked in and saw Phoenix.
"Well I figured this might help a little." He stated as he reached into his desk drawer and pulled out a wooden black rose and handed it to Phoenix.

"What's this?" Phoenix asked, and reached for the rose.

" I'm not sure exactly, all I know is that the Midnight Murderer gave it to me." Leo stated.

"Well this could prove useful." Phoenix said thoughtfully, fully examining the wooden flower.

Her eyes widened before she semi-screamed, "Wait, did she touch it with her bare hands?!"

"I don't know for sure." Leo stated.

Phoenix jumped up quickly and ran to the lab, giving the flower to one of the scientists.

After a few hours the results came back and aside from Leo and Phoenix's fingerprints, there were no other fingerprints. Not one. Phoenix let out a sigh of disappointment.

"I thought I'd get a hint too," Phoenix muttered and then cursed.

"Me too." Leo thought outloud.

"Well, I guess I'm at stage one once again." Phoenix said bitterly.

Rosetta stared out the window of her bedroom, her body expressed boredom, but her eyes shined with excitement. The reason she was so excited? Because after she kills the mayor, her finale was to happen on the next day. She smiled sweetly as she imagined everyone cowering in fear as the person beside them was at death's door. 'Ah~! This will be so fun~!' She hummed in her mind as she absentmindedly tapped her finger against her thighs. She then got out of her seat and headed towards the closet in her room to open it. She leaned down to grab some. The item that was in her hand had a blade with a long handle. An axe. Her eyes glowed red as she started to hysterically laugh once more.

Gabe was looking down as he walked down the sidewalk of Downtown Marshall. He bit his lip as he remembered the demon that looked at him and controlled him last night. A demon who had a face of an angel. Just like how there was a butterfly that was carnivorous, this angel was actually a demon. Mahogany eyes that drew you in with the kindness and joy that rested in them. He had to remind himself every time he saw her. That she wasn't filled with the kindness and joy that was considered normal.

"She's the carnivorous butterfly within the ones who drink nectar and pollen."

But all butterflies go for blood. It doesn't matter if they are carnivorous or not. They all go for blood.

Perhaps Rosetta was a butterfly that usually drank nectar and pollen, but then started searching for blood.

A disturbing scream was heard late at night at the mayor's home.

A girl came out of the house, holding a box that held something heavy. Like a torso. She ran off, before neighbors could even see her. She left an arm of a man on the doorstep.

Rosetta dropped the box in front of Phoenix's house before running off as fast as she could. Running wasn't the greatest choice of transportation, but oh well. It was midnight, and Marshall was silent.

"Gabe," she mumbled over the phone.

"Is there something you need, Miss. Rosetta?" Gabe asked, but instead of a blank tone, he finally used a tone filled with emotion. Was it happiness? Maybe. Sadness? There was a chance. But, either way, it was filled with emotion and it surprised Rosetta.

"Actually. I don't need anything," Rosetta let out a small smile as she slowed down, she had arrived two blocks away from Leo's house. "I just want to confirm something with you."

"What is it?"

"How do you want to die? I want to give you something in return for working with me, even if I did torture you into submission." Rosetta quietly opened the door to her brother's house and slowly walked up to her room, careful to not get blood on anything.

"I want to be killed by you."

"How?" She began changing into her sleepwear and shoved her bloody clothes in her closet. She then crawled into her bed.

"..."

Rosetta let out a soft laugh as she heard Gabe's response, "Alright, I'll do that. See you tomorrow for the grand finale."

For probably the millionth time, Gabe felt his chest tighten at Rosetta's laugh. It was genuine and beautiful.

'This would be a really cruel love story. Unrequited, and killed by the one you love. Ah, how sad.'

How ironic. He, who hated the girl for killing people for one person, fell in love with the girl for the same reason. A girl who killed to let someone she cared for to rest peacefully. It was painfully beautiful.

If they had met in different circumstances, would they have a different relationship?

The answer is: definitely.

But it was too late.

Because, everything was in place. Finally, Lilyan would gain her revenge. Finally, Phoenix would be killed. Along with everyone in Marshall.

Oh, and Rosetta was excited. Because, instead of killing as Midnight Murderer and at midnight, she'd be able to kill as Rosetta BlackWood and in broad daylight.

A/N: Sorry, it's a bit short haha. I actually had no idea to write and sorry about the non-detailed murder. Dismemberment is a bit boring to write about so... Lol. Anyways, please vote and comment~~~~

Word Count: 1169