chapter 24: sadistic

[Taehyung's POV]

It's been one whole day since Joy was missing. I went to the Park's house because they told me they were going to talk to the police and asked if I wanted to be there too. I told them how her parents and best friend were receiving texts from Joy yesterday but now, Joy isn't sending any texts.

Her dad told them how a driver was supposed to pick Joy up from school, but she wasn't there. So she must have been kidnapped right after school. I was beating myself up about it ever since because I knew that if I didn't stay to make up a test, I could have taken her home, I could have been with her, and she wouldn't have been kidnapped.

"We have all of this information, but we can't officially label Joy as a missing person until it has been 48 hours." The policeman said, stuffing his notepad into his back pocket.

"That's a stupid rule! Joy never came home, she didn't come to school, and she's not contacting anyone! She is missing and you have to find her!" I couldn't help but yell. I was just so angry.

"Kids around this age have a tendency to runaway from home and come back the next day. We've seen it happen thousands of times."

"Our daughter would never run away from home..." Mrs. Park pleaded, wiping away her tears.

"Do your job and find her! Are you seriously just going to sit around and wait until another day has passed until you guys actually do something?! You know what can happen in one day?! She could be raped or killed and it could all be prevented if you start your search now!"

I was so close to grabbing the policeman's shirt, I didn't care, but Mr. Park placed his arm around my shoulder, trying to put up a strong front. "Taehyung...they'll do what they can..."

"That's right. When the 48 hour mark has passed, our team will do whatever it takes to bring Joy back home."

I wanted to punch that fucking cop in the face. He doesn't care if Joy is found or not. If he did, he would start searching for her now.

[Joy's POV]

"Here. Eat." Jin placed a take out bag in front of my seat and I just stared at it. I was hungry, but for all I know, they could have put something in the food.

Jin watched me as I stared at the food and he sighed in annoyance, "What? You're not gonna eat?"

I shook my head slowly.

"Whatever, I don't really care if you eat or not."

When I woke up, my eyes were so puffy. I cried myself to sleep last night thinking if I would be found dead or alive--if I was ever found at all. Apparently, Namjoon didn't have too much trust in me because he tied my hands to the back of the chair and my feet were bounded too.

I knew he was lying when he said he wouldn't tie me up.

Namjoon came out of his bedroom wearing all black. He knelt down in front of me and I turned my head to the side to avoid his eyes. "Hey, how are you doing?"

I bit my tongue from telling him to shut up. I hated that fake-sincere act he was doing.

"Giving us the silent treatment, huh?" He stood up and patted the front of his pants. "Jin and I have business to do so while we're gone, we expect you to behave until we get back." He placed his hand on top of my thigh and I scooted my chair back, making it screech on the floor.

"What's the matter? You don't like it when other guys touch you?" His face was close to mine but I still wouldn't look into his eyes. His hand was going up and down my thigh to toy with me. Wanting me to feel uncomfortable. I shivered from his touch and I wanted him to stop.