Chapter 2: The Stars

The sun was setting. It was going to be a beautiful, clear evening, I could tell. As Dan and I were walking on the beach, Dan swept me off my feet, and I giggled. He cradled me like a baby, and carried me to the seating area, which was under a cherry blossom tree. The warm rug spread out on the grass was very soft as Dan lied me on it. He then plopped down next to me. I pointed up at the stars. "Look, Dan! There's Little Dipper and Big Dipper!" I exclaimed. Dan shifted his head to look at me. I looked back. We stared into each others eyes for what seemed like a little bit of time, when Dan said, "Phil, can I ask you a question?" I nodded my head, unsure of what lie ahead.

He sat up, and looked down at me. "Philip Michael Lester, will you be my one and only and do me the honor of marrying me?" He asked. I knew the answer. "Yes." I blushed, and Dan exploded in giggles and grins from ear to ear. We kissed, and I was full of joy and excitement. We went back to the cabana on the beach, and lied on one of the beds together. He hugged me and I snuggled up to him. That was when I knew, for certain, I would never forget that day of play on the beach, or the night under the cherry blossom tree.