Seven ♔ Ever After

Homecoming.
A sparkly welcome to another session. A celebration for safe returns. A night to socially kickoff the school year. And it all started with a coronation.

Within the academy walls, the students as well as the staff put on their best tuxedos and wrapped their bodies in the finest shawls. The boys exchanged trivial questions such as a girl's preferred flower or if it was wise to boost their courage with liquor.

The girls gathered in various dorms, lying and laughing in their silky robes, watching movies and karaoke from morning till early afternoon, when the party preparations begun.

Though there weren't any classes this glorious day, the girl's dormitory was awfully tedious and focused. Concentration was vital. Any sudden spasms or jerks and that eyeliner could be smearing a powdered cheek. Tragic.

By five in the afternoon, the curtains in Room 241 had been drawn and a tower of makeup kits had been built by an army ready for war.

Rory particularly loved the hours before any dance or ball. Seeing all the glamorous dresses, rainbow colors of makeup and the sweet scent of perfume exhilarated her. Hours of mindless chatter, nervous hearts and fantasying about a moonlit night was ecstatic. If somehow all the hype she felt could be poured into a bottle, she could get drunk off it.

Godfrey, lounging on the window seat, engrossed in his herbal tea was Rory's savior. The night before, in the middle of her emotional haze triggered by Lydia, she had almost forgotten about a dress.

Her loyal driver who had been staying just thirty minutes from campus at a simple minimalistic flat darted off to town to all the boutiques for the fairest dress. Sure, she lost an hour of beauty sleep just fretting over it but by morning, Godfrey had appeared at the entrance gates glowing like an angel in the morning light.

As thanks for his service, Rory invited him to the dorm for tea. Though Godfrey was an aging soul with many masked emotions, it was evident in his quirk of his lips that he was rather satisfied.

Meanwhile, Aspen, Stephanie and Liana began to get ready with Rory as their ring leader who offered to do their makeup and style their hair. They protested but Rory insisted she'd get ready last.

Energizing electric music blared through the expensive speakers Stephanie brought to excite their spirits as Rory coated Liana's eyelids a dusty silver. Since the perky blonde was wearing a embroidered pink dress, Rory thought minimal makeup was best. However she couldn't help but add a bit of flair to her blue eyes - they were gorgeous and deserved a bit more love.

Stephanie, not to anyone's surprise, decided to wear rich and racy red dress embezzled with black rhinestones that flickered like blazing coals. It was short and breathtaking and was sure to make jaws drop at the event.

"So, who are you going with, Stephanie?" Giggled Liana who admired her reflection in the mirror.

"Marcus, Cody, Kyle and David." Stephanie answered in a heartbeat, rock still as Rory curled her hair into golden ringlets and let it fall by the side of her face.

Aspen looked up from her magazine and stared incredulously at the confident strawberry blonde.

"How is that even possible?" Liana sputtered. Stephanie shrugged, waving off the question. The answer was obvious. She was hot.

"Who are you going with, Liana?" Aspen intervened, swiftly changing the subject. Liana blushed pink as she picked at the hem of her dress. "Dean." She announced dreamily. Aspen proudly piped out that her date was Justin, the charismatic captain of the football team. Rory was never really into athletes, as they always seemed to have bigger priorities than their girlfriend. Oh, well. Aspen was content just cheering him on from the steel bleachers.