Transgender

-This imagine was wrote in dedication of a close friend of mine who is transgender. He specifically requested this. Also, this is so much different from my rough draft, like Jesus.-

You were having second thoughts about going to this party. It was a formal "dress to impress" that you were lucky just to be invited to, but as you looked out your car window, you noticed all of the beautiful women in dresses that squeezed them in all the right places and you became a bit insecure about your suit and tie.

You took a deep breathe and looked at yourself one last time in your rearview mirror. You let out a breath you didn't know you were holding. Only a hand full of people knew about your transgenderness. One of them being the man that you were head over heals in love with. You knew he was gonna be here tonight. He was the one who helped land you an invitation. He was very close with the hostest, Anastashia. She wasn't nearly as fond of you as she was of Jared. In fact, she despised you. And you knew why.

She was transphobic trash who's lust for Jared was beyond obvious. She constantly competed with you for Jared's attention. At first, you tried to prove to her that you and Jared were inseperable, but after a while you gave up. She wasn't worth it. Besides, it wasn't like Jared felt the same for you. He was a straight man who could have any girl he wanted.

You quickly shook the thought out of your head. You weren't going to let some guy - or anyone for that matter - have that kind of effect on you. But Jared wasn't just "some guy." He was your best friend.

Taking a deep breath, you opened your car door and stepped out. You puffed your chest up a bit to mock at least some confidence, and strode up to the front door. You gave the bouncer your name and headed in. You were greeted by a few familiar faces and a few strange looks, but you paid them no mind.

As you looked around the room, your eyes landed on a familiar slim but well built figure you knew all to well. He looked better than you could've imagined. He was wearing a black blazer and pants. He had a white shirt underneath that had the first three or four buttons undone, revealing a teaser of his sculpted chest. You saw Anastashia next to him and - as much as you hated to admit it - she looked marvelous. Her long golden locks were curled and rested nicely on her shoulders. She was wearing a slim white dress that showcased her boobs and one of her flawless long legs. However the most noticable of her look was her bright red lipstick.

Your real and fake confidence came crashing down as you watched the two chatting up a storm. Whatever he was saying was making her laugh and he had a permanent smile on his face. She touched his arm and didn't remove her hand. You watched him look at it and then back up at her face where they just smiled at each other. You quickly turned away and decided if you were to make it through the night, you needed to be drunk.

You scolded yourself for getting jealous as you made your way towards the bar. Once you sat down, you ordered your drink and a few people came up to you and greeted you. Most of them you didn't know. One of them even very awkwardly asked about your gender to which you explained. They gave you an unreadable look and walked away without saying anything. You barely noticed. The image of Jared and Anastashia flirting was burned into your mind at the moment.

As you took the last sip of your drink, someome sat next to you. You looked over and your heart skipped a beat. It always did when you made eye contact with him.

"I've been looking for you." He smiled and turned his body to face yours. "I was beginning to think you didn't show."

"How could I say no to free booze?" You replied as you lifted your glass, signalling for a refill.

"I guess that is true." He smirked as he ordered himself a drink.

You really didn't want to be talking to him right now. You didn't know why, you just knew you wanted to get away from him. "If you'll excuse me, nature calls." You said as you stood up from your stool and made your way towards the other side of the building where the bathrooms were located.
You were stopped by the sight of Anastashia in your path. She was giving you a smug look as she held her champange glass and rested her weight on one leg.