Guilty

Pairing: Jared Leto x GenderNeutral!Reader x Shannon Leto

Request: dating Shannon and cheating on him with Jared

Words: 2,476

Warnings: Swearing, Cheating

Were you happy? This was a question you found yourself asking every day. Every time he held your hand, kissed you, or even just looking at him. You always wanted to say of course, but the words seemed forced. You wanted to say that the two of you were short from perfect for one another, but those words made you feel guilty. And although the two of you had been together for a few months now, you still felt like he was more of a best friend rather than a boyfriend.

You could tell yourself all day that you loved Shannon more than anything. You could sit there and list every single thing you loved about him, but that didn't stop your heart from beating the way it did when Jared touched you. It didn't stop your eyes from lingering on him even when he wasn't looking. It didn't stop the feeling of jealousy when he flirted with someone else. And the worse part of it all? You weren't even aware of your own feelings.

You weren't ignoring them. You just didn't realize how you felt. Was your mind forcing you to ignore them out of guilt? Were you subconsciously denying them? Was it because you were too caught up in your feigned feelings for Shannon?

Right now, those questions meant nothing to you. Right now, while you were drunk off your ass and dancing with a bunch of people you either barely knew or didn't know at all, you didn't think of Shannon or the guilt you felt every day. All you could think about was his strong hands as they made their way around your body. You felt them tug at you and pull you closer so your chests were touching. Right now, it was just you and Jared.

Wrapping your arms around his neck, you stared into his crystal blue eyes that turned your legs into jelly. You both gazed at each other with hungry, lustful looks as you continued to dance promiscuously to the music. Slowly, he came to rest his forehead against yours. You both stopped dancing as your eyes shared an unspoken word. The sound of the blaring music faded to a soft buzz and you no longer paid any mind to the people around you. All you could see was him

Before you could really process what was happening, you felt his lips on yours. The kiss was like fire. There was a small passion behind it that sent sparks flying in your mind. At first, the kiss was soft and unsure, but it didn't take long for you to allow Jared access to your mouth and things quickly became heated and needy.

~

Opening your eyes, you felt like someone had taken a knife and jabbed it into your skull as the light pierced your eyes. Groaning, you cursed at yourself for leaving your blinds open and rolled over so the light couldn't hurt you. Your eyes began to droop again before they focussed on a sleeping figure next to you. At first, you were confused, but you quickly realized it was Jared. This calmed you somehow and you let yourself drift back to sleep.

Shooting your eyes open, the fact that Jared was in your bed hit you and you quickly sat up, realizing you were naked. You immediately regretted getting up so fast as now the feeling of nausea hit you like a hard slap to the face. You allowed yourself a moment to let the room quit spinning before slowly getting up and putting some clothes on.

As you were putting your shirt on, you heard Jared stir so you turned your attention towards him. You saw his eyes open and it didn't take long for them to land on you; a small smirk forming on his face as he did so. "Morning." He yawned.

"Jared," you began as you made your way over to him; sitting next to him on the bed. "What happened last night?" Truthfully you already knew the answer, but you still held onto the hope that you were wrong. That maybe it was just a misunderstanding. That nothing happened between the two of you.