"Because" by The Beatles //"Across the Universe" Soundtrack Version//

I was floating, drifting in a sea of green grass beneath me and blue sky above. The Earth cradled me in her nurturing hands as I was simultaneously being lifted high by the hands of the Wind. I was weightless. I could feel each caress as the breeze wrapped itself around me like silk and the individual blades of grass took turns brushing against my limbs.

The stark contrast of dramatic cloud formations on a backdrop of an ethereal sky made my heart and soul cry out in euphoria. I became jealous of the Sun and her glorious home, but she merely smiled and released a wave of warmth and energy over me. My pores opened up, drinking in the sunshine and breathing in the air until my insides were made up of nothing but wind and sun.

Never before had I felt so alive and free, so connected to the Universe. The worries that had knotted themselves in my shoulder muscles were melting away with every subsequential breath I took. I was breathing in the moment like oxygen, and I suddenly realized the unmistakable comparison. Like oxygen, we breathe in moments every second of our lives, whether we notice it or not. Most moments pass without being given so much as a second glance before being left to fade away and ultimately forgotten. The sad observation released a shot of melancholy through my veins, and I took a moment to mourn for all the moments that I had lost.

But I would lose no more. I couldn't bare the thought of waking up one morning to realize that every moment of my life was spent waiting for the next. It was time for me to start enjoying life. It is never too late to begin living in the present.

With an enlightened perspective burning within the pit of my stomach, I turned my attention to how each inhale and exhale felt sailing past my lips, running down my throat, and filling up my lungs. I was being bathed in a collection of sensations. The intensity of feelings that were raging inside of me steadily morphed into a feeling of pure bliss.

For the first time in my life, I felt completely at peace.