"Somebody Else" by The 1975

I know that this has never been easy. I didn't want you the way you wanted me, and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't feel the same. I wanted so badly to want you, but my emotions had other plans. I never intended to hurt you, but I never thought you'd toss me to the side like everyone else did.

Maybe things cannot be the same as they once were, this I understand. I was only hoping that I meant enough to be met with something other than silence on your end of the wire. With a disposition so pure and a heart so strong, I knew that you would soon find somebody else. What I didn't foresee was being replaced. I believed in our friendship, but from what I see, I am no longer worth the effort for you. Not even worth an explanation.

I have done so well these past few weeks at not allowing myself to be hurt by the blatant evasion of you and many others that I care about, but there is only so much that my heart can take before I can hear it starting to break. So it's back to the mending drawer, where I scrounge around for anything to seal the cracks before it shatters completely. Duct tape, glue sticks, velcro strips, threaded needles, anything I can find to stitch myself up where knives have been repeatedly ripped out of me. I'll ask you another time if you care to help me understand and hand you a roll of tape.

I hope to feel you take it from my hands.