Part I: Chapter 6

I made the half-hour drive to downtown Estancia to shop for Raven and picked up a couple t-shirts, a black pair and a dark gray pair of basketball shorts, and some boxers. All from Goodwill, mind you. I obviously got boxers that were new though, because 'used'...ew.

I got boring shirts

I got boring shirts. A black one. A white one. A blue one. And a second black one. 

I stuck to the basics, having no idea what he'd like. But I didn't want to take him a red one, because then I wouldn't be able to tell if his injuries were bleeding. And he seemed like one of those 'dark and mysterious' guys who was going to want to wear black, you know? Also, could be good for going outside under the cover of night. Well, first we had to get him rehabilitated.

Once I got home, I went upstairs to my room after once again stealing Grandma's sewing scissors. In the back of the shirts, I cut out two long slices in the back from the bottom, and closed off the last few inches with a zipper. This should be perfect... Then, to finish it off, I hemmed the edge of the hole so the fabric wouldn't fray.

So proud of myself for completing my project, I excitedly presented the gifts to Raven.

When I climbed up through the closet in the hallway just outside my door, I discovered him in the middle of a workout, doing push-ups while his wings bobbed up and down on his back with him. 

Well, that must be where those muscles came from... I was pretty sure I couldn't even do one real pushup. As he pumped one out after another like it was nothing, he watched a movie on the tiny, old TV. It was 'How to Train your Dragon.'

At that view I was taken aback

At that view I was taken aback. Wow. No lie, he's hot. Despite not being a part of society and sometimes acting kind of like an animal, he was as sculpted as a model. If things had gone differently for him, he probably could've had a really good, normal life. When I appeared, he looked over his shoulder at me.

"You've seen that movie three times," I noted, chuckling a little. He's so weird. "I do have others."

He shrugged and hauled himself to his feet. I wonder if he still skips the parts where the dragons get locked up.