Welcome Grandpa

Lydia's POV:

The next morning I took a quick shower at Jess' place and headed straight home afterwards. When I arrived the first thing I noticed was a big black limousine parked right at the entrance. Did my father have business partners over at the house? Not that it didn't ever happen, but normally he would warn us so we were on our best behavior - if home at all. I parked my own car in the garage and was about  to go leave for the house, when Anthony opened the garage door. He closed it behind him as silently as possible. He was wearing black trousers and a dress shirt and had his finger over his lips warning me not to make to much noise. What the hell was going on?
"Grandpa is here.", he finally explained.
"What?", I mouthed back.
"I know... He didn't even let father know he was coming. Believe me the old man is not in a good mood. I came here to warn you, plus I brought you these.", he said handing me a bunch of clothes. And that was why I loved my brother - he would always save my ass in these kind of situations. It would have been impossible to face my grandpa in the shorts and top I was wearing right now - he'd probably go have a heart attack. Our grandfather was ... How do I put this ... Old fashioned. 
I wasn't bothered by my brothers presents as I changed quickly into the nice white summer dress and put on the blue heels and matching headband. Thank god for Anthony's fashion sense. I glanced into one of the shiny cars here in the garage and I thought I looked presentable.
"Ready?", Anthony asked.
"As much as I ever will be.", I answered and he offered me his arm.
The first thing I noticed coming back into the house was a women in a maid uniform. She gave us a quick professional nod and then kept on moving to the living room. She was carrying a big plate with tea and sweets.
"So I guess we have a maid now?", I whispered.
"Yeah, grandfather kind of brought some staff with him... People he trusts, so I guess we are stuck with whomever we get.", he whispered back. My mouth fell open. No wonder my father was in a bad mood. It was like grandpa didn't trust him to hire us own staff. Oh this was going to be fun - not.
"How many did he bring?", I asked.
"Only three - the maid, her name is Anna by the way, a cook, who doesn't seem to talk at all and a butler, who's name is ... wait for it: James.", he answered.
I gave him a look that said 'for real?' and he nodded a big grin on his face.
We entered the living room. My mother and father were seated facing us, our grandpa had the armchair not facing the door. He turned around though, when he noticed my parents looking at us. A huge smile came across his face when he saw who it was. He rarely ever smiled, but he loved Anthony. He was his golden boy destined for big things - whatever they might be. He liked me well enough too, but in his eyes I played a lesser role to uphold the family business. Just a pretty girl. Oh well, I could live with that. It was kind of funny really that he preferred Anthony, while I was clearly our fathers favorite child. As if to proof the point the old man got up and said, stretching out his arms wide:
"Ah, finally the apple of my eye and his beautiful sister. You are becoming quite the young lady.", he said kissing us both in the cheek. "You should really let me introduce her to some eligible bachelors. How about a little garden party? Nothing too official... Just to, you know, have a look at the marked."
"I don't think 'having a look at the marked' is appropriate considering her age.", my father said suddenly very stiff.
"What? Look at her she is gorgeous.", grandfather argued.
"How about some of that delicious smelling tea?", my mother interrupt, a big, fake smile on her face. She was the master of distraction and both men took the offered tea. After about half an hour of smalltalk our grandfather suddenly clapped his hands.
"Ladies will you excuse us, we need to talk business and I do not intent to bore you with that kind of stuff. I went ahead and booked a couple of massages in a really lovely spa near by. Have whatever else you want. It will be my treat.", he smiled at my mother an me. I didn't feel like spending the afternoon with my mother in a spa, but she looked excited.
"What a wonderful idea. Thank you so much.", she said grabbing my hand and leaving the room.
"It has been so long since we spend some quality time together. We should get our nails done als well.", she said.
I spent the whole afternoon with my mother. We drank some expensive, very healthy tasting  drinks instead of having real lunch and she tried very hard to bond. When she asked me if there was a boy at school I liked, I turned a little pink and mumbled something like 'yeah maybe'. She got really excited and wanted to know more. I wasn't so sure how much I could confined in her. But we had not had a lot of mother-daughter-time in a while so I finally decided to give it a try. I told her how Colby looked and that he was very nice. I didn't tell her his name, or about the party or anything substantial really. She still seemed happy. It was nice to connect with her like that, but it was even better when I was back at home in the evening and had a message from Colby which said that he missed me and that he couldn't wait to see me in school the next day.