A Great Plan

Lydia's POV
When I was getting ready to go to bed my thoughts were still with Colby. The way he had looked at me just one evening before was so cute and so perfect. And when I thought about the way we kissed, the way he touched me...

KNOCK
KNOCK
KNOCK

The noise at the door startled me and I felt weirdly caught. I knew I was turning slightly red, but I answered the door anyway.
It was my brother who looked utterly exhausted. The first two buttons of his shirt were open and his hair was a mess. He came in throwing himself on my bed, while I closed the door behind him.
"What's up with you?", I asked sitting down next to him.
"Grandpa... Business stuff ... He wants me to be more involved ... Don't asked.", he said closing his eyes.
"Oh ok. Why are you here then? I mean I don't mind you visiting me from time to time, but I was just about to go to bed myself.", I answered.
"Yeah... About that... Do you remember how grandpa wanted to introduce you to some eligible bachelors?", he said making little quote signs with his hands. I nodded getting a really weird feeling in my stomach.
"Well, he kind of got father to agree on that plan.", Anthony said slowly.
"What??? How? He was so much against me meeting any boy at all.", I almost yelled.
"Grandfather argued that it would be better if you were dating someone they knew - it would give them more control over the whole thing.", he answered.
"The whole thing?"
"You know, the whole staying virginal before the wedding and stuff.", he said with a grin.
"And how the f*** are they planing to control that?", I snapped, feeling so violated in my privacy all of the sudden.
"You mean besides the fact that the ship has already sailed?!", he asked not able to contain a little giggle. I turned a darker shade of red. I should really overthink how much of my private life I shared with Anthony. But to my defense who else would I confide in, when my parents expected me to stay their cute, little, five year old for ever?! Who do you ask for advice on romance, let alone condoms, when your parents are like that.
"Yea, well besides that... Plus they don't know ...", I said.
"Listen sis, I don't like the thought of them controlling this part of your life either. That's why I came to talk to you about it. We need a plan how you can go out with one of these guys without actually dating him.", he said.
"Like a decoy...", I mumbled. Suddenly Anthony sat up straight.
"That's it! We need to put someone in place ... Someone who is not a threat and father needs to think he chose him. But we have to be smart about it ... After all grandfather is in the house.", he looked at me for a moment and then clapped his hands. "And I know exactly the right candidate for the job. Do you remember the kid who threw the party?", he asked.
Oh boy - yes I did remember.
"What was his name again?", Anthony asked.
"Colby...", I answered dreamily. My brother must have noticed because he looked at me weird for a moment, but he continued anyway. "What if I tell mum he is my friend and let slip how he is so nice and his family has power and influence in the area?! She will start to think about it and mention it to dad. Then you casually mention how you have a crush on this Colby to mum - you know she is a sucker for romance. And I tell dad how he saved you from some pervert, or something. Both of our parents will think it would be a great idea to invite him to the party and that they came up with that idea all by themselves. Of cause you will choose him to date after the party and everyone is satisfied. Meanwhile you don't have to handle some stranger who wants to marry you for your family and we don't have worry about Colby either because he is gay.", he explained.
Oh my god. Fortune must be on my side today! I couldn't believe Anthony to propose such an idea, but it was perfect. I had to keep my cool though, or he would notice something was up.
"Ok...", I began slowly trying desperately to sound like not to enthusiastic. "We could try that, but how are we gonna convince Colby to play along?"
"Well, I will make friends with him and ask him very nicely.", Anthony answered and I raised an amused eyebrow. "And if that doesn't work, I will just threat to expose him to the whole world."
That was more like my brother and I laughed.
"Maybe you let me try to convince him first. We kind of became friends over the last week.", I said.
"You may do as you like, but if he says 'no' I will talk to him again.", Anthony replied.
Yeah this was not going to happen... No way I would let my brother 'talk' to Colby.

Monday morning, Colby's POV
I spotted Lydia right away, when I entered the school. She looked amazing. I made sure her stupid brother was nowhere in sight and then made my way over to her. She had not noticed me yet, talking to Jess and laughing. Putting my hands over her eyes I said: "Guess who?"
Not even bothering to give an answer she spun around and kissed me. I was in heaven. That was the way Mondays were supposed to start -heck every morning was supposed to start out that way.
"You wanna be my gay boyfriend for my brothers sake and so my parents don't marry me off to someone else?", she asked all of the sudden.
"What now?", I replayed a little irritated.
She explained the whole plan and a huge smile came across my face. That was awesome. We would be able to see each other and her parents would know - so no more sneaking around. Plus her psycho brother even came up with this shit. Even though I was wondering a little what kind of parents did this kind of thing, but oh well I would not protest.