47

hey guys :) short chapter for now, please read the note at the end ♥︎

Care

"I don't want to see him," I half whispered to Jimin, who draped a jacket around my shoulders.

"You've been here for hours, and you're not gonna go see him?" he asked, rubbing my back.

"I just wanted to know if he'll live," I replied, staring at a young patient who had broken down and was now consumed in sobs and screams.

"It's not your fault," Jimin muttered, pulling me into a hug. Wails echoed off the walls.

"Angelina, please calm down!" A nurse was attempting to bring the patient back to reality.

"Why are they here?" She screamed, shoving her shaking hand in the nurse's face. "They shouldn't be here."

"It's okay Angelina. Visitors bring them all the time, these are normal."

"No, you don't understand!" Angelina twisted out of the nurse's grip, locking eyes with mine. "They shouldn't be here! It's not allowed!"

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Hoseok sat down next to me, nervously glancing at the upset patient.

"Jungkook could have died because of me. How would you feel?" My voice was flat, just like the flatline that sounded a few rooms down. Another scream. More cries and pleas.

"Don't blame yourself. Jungkook is a stubborn shit, he probably would have still run out into the street even if he was sober," Hoseok smiled tiredly and leaned his head against my shoulder.

I continued to stare at the broken patient who stared back, now curled up in the corner with six white petals clutched in her left hand.

•••

Jungkook awoke in his room with a start, looking down to see a peculiar white petal resting over his heart.

---------------------
hi everyone

i know this is short but i'm not sure if i will continue this story, if i do then i will probably end this book soon. i'm not happy with my writing, and i have a lot of other ideas and i don't want to be stuck on this book forever. thank you all for reading this far, love you all