• 1 •

A hooded figure stood outside of Konoha, its feet barely touching the edge of border that separated the town from the rest of the world. A small smile formed in the persons lips as they placed their foot firmly on the ground inside of the gate.

"Finally home." A female voice said, identifying that the hooded person was a female. She glanced around of Konoha, only to noticed that both of the guards were asleep on their station. She laughed, shaking her head as she walked into the town, without being stopped by Konohas "elite" guard system they were said to have had in place.

The girl carried herself though the town, the sword on her back only slightly bouncing against her back as she walked. Her small black eyed darted around the town, her smile widening only slightly as all of the memories came flowing back to her.

She sighed slightly as she made her way towards the most familiar house in all of Konoha, the home she came from. Dogs surrounded the house, and a few people exited the houses that stood near hers, all with familiar markings on their faces and the same crazy hair that the girl had.

She walked up to the door that she once used to run in and out of, and placed a few gentle knocks upon the door. She took a step back from the door so that it could be opened by whoever was inside. Sure enough, the door was opened and there stood an older woman, with crazy brown hair and red fang marks on her face.

"May I help you?" The woman asked the young girl, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"I..." The girl trailed off, before she pulled her hood down. The girl behind the hood had matching red marks on her cheeks, and crazy shoulder length hair that seemed to stick out in every direction. She had the same face shape as the woman who was standing in front of her, and the same slightly upturned nose.

The woman, Tsume, inhaled sharply as she stared at the girl in front of her, small tears forming in her eyes. "No... It can't be." She said, staring at the small girl in front of her. "Ashi..?"She asked.

The girl nodded at her head very slightly as she looked at the woman who had given her everything. The woman who made her who she was today. She nodded at her mother, and gave her a small smile. "Hi mom." she whispered.

"Oh Kami." Tsume said, before she pulled her daughter close to her. Ashi placed her hands on her mothers back, hugging her tightly.

"I've missed you so much, mom." She mumbled into her mothers shoulder, before she was pulled into the house.

"I've missed you too, Ashi." She mumbled quietly back to her daughter, releasing her grip from on Ashi. She smiled slightly, reaching out and brushing her daughters hair out from her face. "You've gotten so big."

"People tend to grow in six years." She laughed, and her mother gave her a sad but amused look.

"That they do." She said. "Where have you been, who were you with, how did you get back?" Tsume asked, rolling off all the questions she had promised herself she would asked Ashi should she ever get the chance to again. But Ashi simply shook her head, and looked at her mother.

"No mom, I can't tell you. Not yet." Ashi said. "When I know I'm safe, I'll tell you. But for now, I can't."

The mother gave her daughter a pained look, before sighing and nodding slightly. "Alright Ashi." She replied, before taking her daughters hand and pulling her down the hallway towards where her old room was. "But here's your room." She said, pointing towards the room that Ashi used to stay in all the time.

She opened the door and smiled slightly, noticing they hadn't changed a thing. Everything was exactly how she remembered it, the bed was still placed against the left wall and the desk still beside of the bed, with two picture frames on the table.