1. Jack

Leave feedback ☀️

Darcy's POV

Today I was having lunch at my parents house.

Somebody please kill me.

Every time I visited it was painfully obvious that they preferred my siblings over me.

They just had that kind of connection that I had spent my whole childhood trying to feel. I felt like an outsider here.

So as I walk inside their house without knocking I prepare myself to feel like like crap because that's how I always end up feeling after a night with my family.

"Hey mom, who are you talking to?" I ask just to make conversation.

She holds her finger up in a hold on manner.

"Yes, yes honey. I wish you were here it would make things so much easier" My mom gushes into the phone.

I raise an eyebrow.

"I know Darcy is going is here but cooking together is our thing, Amanda" She frowns.

I sigh. Of course.

"Oh you gotta go? Well make sure you call me when you get home. Okay. I love you Mandy" then she turns to me with a smile.

"It was Amanda, she's currently in Miami with Allen" She informs me.

Amanda, my sister recently got engaged to her boyfriend of four years, Allen. Although I believed marriage was idiotic and would never have one myself I was glad my sister found her happily ever after.

"So, hey mom wanna get cookin' I know Mandy's not here so I can help" I suggest but my mother shakes her head.

"Don't worry about it Darcy, I can do it. Go with your father he was playing baseball with Stephan"

Rejected.

"Yeah okay" My mom gives me one last smile and disappears into the kitchen.

I make my way into the backyard to see my dad and brother sitting on the grass having what I think is father/son bonding time.

"Hi guys" I greet, Stephan quickly stands up wrapping his arms around me.

"Hey sis, how is it going? Haven't seen you in while." Stephan says completely forgetting about dad.

Stephan and I had always been closer, we had the same taste in music and basically liked the same things.

"I've been busy with work" I say smiling up at him. He might only be 16 but he was already 5'11.

My father finally speaks "Ah yeah, that bar you work at" distaste clear in his voice.

I don't say a word. I know where this is going.

"You know, you could have done something with your life. You graduated with honors" He keeps pressing on.

Not being able to stop myself, I scoff "Like you would know, if I remember correctly you and ma missed my graduation to go to Stephan's taekwondo match in Seattle" I decide to take a jab.

He shakes his head, his salt and pepper hair moving slightly. "Darcy that is not fair, he was going to another state He couldn't go alone"

Rolling my eyes I answer "He's been traveling since he was 7, plus there wasn't any need for both you guys to go. So many people left their kids go by themselves. I was graduating! "

"Don't start fighting now guys" Stephan tries to intervene but we were too heated to listen.

"Oh big deal Darcy, you didn't seem to mind when we took you to a cruise as an apology" he snarls.