1

The lights blinded me, but I was used to this. The lights were a part of being in a TV show. The interviewer asked questions and I answered them. As always, hoe can you fo this, what is it like? And of I had to demonstrate my skills. My skills in talking to dead people. Sometimes it still scared me to hear the voice of someone who wasn't really there. I suppose you just can't really get used to it. Also nobody else could hear them. At least I hadn't met someone yet. I tried to sense a soul near by, for I already had found someone grieving in the audience. Now I just needed to wait for that soul she missed. But they never took long before they started talking. Souls always seemed to be very glad to be able to voice themselves to someone.

There was a young woman in the among the mass of spectators. Her eyes held so much sadness that it almost hurt me. Right, sadness and grief is my business, but still... A moment later I heard her mother's voice, just inside my head, just like I had expected it to be. Do you hear me? Man, do you hear me? Tell my lovely and beloved daughter that I forgive her. Please tell her. I acted a bit. The audience always loved dramatic acting, when I talked to their deceased beloveds. Harshly I gasped for air. "Callie... Kensie... No, Kelsey!", starting hoarse, I called out the woman's name in a clear voice. I had known her name from the beginning. She had a small necklace with her names letters and she was sitting in the first line. It was easy for me to see.

The woman took a deep and surprised breath and the interviewer stopped talking in the middle of her sentence. Good, she already bored me. "That's me. My name is Kelsey." The brownhaired woman exclaimed shyly. I gazed at the stunned woman, blinking, well that wasn't hard to act thanks to the lights. "Your... Your mother, she passed away, right?" Now, soul, you want me to talk to your daughter. Then help me to convince her. Oh, please tell her it's not her fault. I miss my little girl. Thank you, really, really helpful. Souls. I stopped a growl at the last moment and checked my facial expressions not to fall away.

"She had a sudden death... She was healthy, still young... An accident!" I watched her reactions. They told me much more than her mother did. They told me if I was right or not, if I could go on. Kelsey clearly signaled to me that I was right. Now I could use the information her mother had given to me. By now I understood what they meant. "She wants me to tell you something. It wasn't your fault she died. She will always love you and she misses you terribly.", I told her in a soft voice and with half of a smile I figured people found comforting.

The woman sobbed and tears build in her eyes. "She died in a car accident. I was driving." Her voice shook and then she started crying. "Oh, Mummy! I love you too! So much." Tears ran down her cheeks and I felt the soul shift towards her daughter. Feeling a soul shifting was like a prickling sensation to stop you didn't even know of before. I stopped my acting with a small shake of my head and spoke in a normal voice again. I turned towards the interviewer. "I'm sorry. I didn't listen. Could you repeat your question please? There was something distracting me, keeping my attention. Strange."

I didn't let her know I exactly knew what happened. The faces that people made after such drama were just too funny. Also I couldn't quite believe that everyone was falling for my acting. Someone had to see through, right? I put on a puzzled expression. "Is there something wrong?" I asked her innocently. She slightly shook her head, looking confused. "No. No, I guess not. Well, I just asked if you..."

____________

Here is my new story about The Mentalist. I just wondered what it would be like if Patrick could really talk to dead people. And I wanted to write in english.

English isn't my mother tongue, so there could be some mistakes, but I assure you I try to correct them all. Furthermore I will see through this every once in a while and look for mistakes and not-so-nice phases again.

Well, then I hope you enjoyed reading and will read the next chapters too. ^^