Chapter One- Damn Woman Again

A young woman named San scented the air as she sat on the back of her larger than normal, white, wolf brother, Ichi. She wore a tattered, midnight blue dress, white, sleeveless over shirt, deer hide wraps that served as her foot protection, a white fur cloak with a tail, a tooth necklace, large, white, circle earrings, leather bands on her uppers arms and forehead. Her face donned three red marks like that of wolf fangs, one on each cheek and her forehead below the headband. Her hair was barely past her ears in length and was dark brown in color. Her other brother, Ni stood at her other side as the three scouted the brigade of humans and oxen off in the distance. The sky was darkened by storm clouds, giving the scent of the rain that was sure to catch up to the pitifully slow caravan of humans and oxen trying to make their way back to Irontown.

"It's that damn woman again." San commented with malice in her voice, her focus entirely on the human called Lady Eboshi. Eboshi was the leader of Iron Town. A woman with black hair and a pony tail pinned to the top of her head, who wore a dark blue cloak, a red yukata blouse with yellow fan embellishment and blue hakama pants. She brought all the destruction to the forest and its inhabitants with her fire sticks and poison within them. She must die.

"Let's go tell mother. This could be our chance to kill that woman. The rain will catch up to them, making the oxen and humans more slow, unsteady, and stupid as they walk on the mountain side." San told her white wolf brothers and the two wolves ran back into the familiar territory of the forest.

Deep within the forest, a large white wolf with two tails rested on top of a rocky outcrop that was the roof of a den for her and her three pups. Though now it merely served as a den shelter for her youngest pup, San. San was human, but had been raised by Moro. As far as the wolf clan was concerned San was a wolf. As the two wolves slowed to a stop upon reaching Moro, San jumped off her brother Ichi and exclaimed,

"It's that damn gunwoman again. She and other humans caravan this very moment back to Iron Town. Is now our chance to strike, mother?" the young woman asked, with a gleam of anticipation in her eyes.

The large wolf God bared her teeth in what could be described as a wolfish grin as she stood. She sniffed the air and looked to the sky, taking note of the rain that was to come. "Yes, this is our chance! I will finally crush that gunwoman's head in my jaws. You three will draw out their attention, making them fire their guns at you from a safe distance. Then I will take them by surprise and attack the gun woman. Let us hurry. The rain waits for no one." She beckoned and the four members of the wolf clan began their trek back to the human caravan to execute their plan, just as rain drops began to fall.

San watched as her mother went off toward the opposite direction, while she and her wolf brothers continued their trek toward the caravan. This part of the forest was mostly spare, having been destroyed by a lightning fire a few years before, there was no hiding their presence on the mountainside as the oxen and human caravan came into view.

"Coming this way! Wolves!" a human voice spoke, though San's human ears were unable to hear such an exclamation as they remained running toward the caravan in the now heavy rainfall.

San and her brothers approached the caravan, guns pointed at them though the action stirred no fear within her. She heard the gunwoman's order,

"Ready! And fire!"

Followed by an array of shots toward her and her brothers. They easily avoided being hit and she stuck her hand out signaling a change of direction, a coy plan to draw out more shots from the human guns, leaving them defenseless for the real danger.

Now out of sight of the caravan, San and her brothers watched as their beautiful wolf mother Moro, charged upon the humans, her sole intent on the gunwoman Lady Eboshi. When her mother's form reached the gunwoman a large flame erupted from some unknown origin. San's eyes widened in horror as she watched her mother fall off the Cliffside and out of sight below the misty fog.

"GO. NOW." She ordered her wolf brothers and the three began to run toward the depths of the forest to search for their injured mother.