Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Taiitsukun, the Priestess of Suzaku has fallen ill...Her warriors will be bringing her here in hopes that you will take her back to her world," a young woman with chest length light golden hair informed a much older looking woman.

Taiitsukun looked towards the young woman. "Is that so?"

The woman nodded, "Yes, my lady. They will begin their journey tomorrow."

"I see. Then now is the perfect time to test the Priestess and her warriors," Taiitsukun muttered. "Mayume, keep a close eye on them while I begin my preparations."

Mayume bowed, "Of course, Taiitsukun. I will inform you of any changes." Mayume straightened back up and left Taiitsukun to herself.

When she entered her room, the woman let out a sigh. She wondered over to her bed where a small cat-like creature was curled into a ball. Mayume smiled as she sat down and ran her hand gently over the creature's soft yellow fur. The cat-like animal yawned and opened its unusually large eyes. "Did you have a nice nap Xia?" Xia nodded as she stretched her little body, her two fluffy tails swaying in the air and her large red eyes closing. Mayume chuckled at the little saber-cat she had grown fond of during her time on Mount Taikyoku.

Mayume froze she felt her vision shifting from what was once her bedroom to another scene completely. She saw a young girl with reddish brown hair running away from a young man with dark blue hair. When the girl was far enough away from the boy, she saw a table full of food. The girl ran towards the table, only to enter a mirror world created by Taiitsukun. Another girl, one that appeared to be an exact copy of the first, appeared and talked to Miaka before leaving the mirror world to take the girl's place. Outside the mirror, the imposture eventually began to attack the warriors.

Mayume's vision shifted again back to her room. She sat on her bed for a moment, recovering from the sudden vision of the future. So Taiitsukun has made her decision on how to test the Priestess and Warriors of Suzaku. I wonder what the Priestess will do? Mayume laid back on her bed, Xia curling up beside her. No matter, I shall find out soon enough... Mayume closed her strangely colored eyes and fell into a peaceful sleep.

~*~

A week later

"Their pretty close now, aren't they Lady Taiitsukun?" Mayume observed as she and Taiitsukun watched the followers of Suzaku through one of the sage's mirrors. "You will be starting your test soon..."

"Yes, as soon as Miaka is separated from her warriors."

Mayume said nothing as she watched Miaka get into a small argument with her warrior known as Tamahome. All to soon, Miaka stormed away from her warrior. It was then, that Mayume's vision from a week ago began. She watched impassively as Miaka entered into Taiitsukun's mirror world. "I've already seen this...Yet I still find it hard to believe she fell for such a trick..."

Taiitsukun chuckled, silently agreeing with the teenage girl. The two watched as Miaka began to beat against the mirror that allowed her to see outside the mirror world. Taiitsukun began to speak to Miaka. "No one outside can see or hear you. Don't you understand? Try to break my spell Miaka. If you really are the Priestess of Suzaku, prove it to me now!"

Miaka turned around at the sound of Taiitsukun's voice. "Who's there?!" The girl spotted the table of food behind her and in the blink of an eye began to devour everything on the table. The sight of it nearly made Mayume sick to her stomach. How can she eat that much?! And that fast too? Miaka slammed her fist onto the empty table. "Now tell me, who are you?!"

Taiitsukun stared disbelieving at the girl in her mirror. "She's in a life and death situation but still takes time to eat," Taiitsukun hmphed.

Somewhere outside the mirror world, the shadow Miaka made her way to the warriors of Sazaku. When she was within the warriors sight, they turned to her. "Miaka!" Hotohori called in surprise at the sight of the girl's sudden appearance.