Chapter 3

Chapter 3

3 Months Later

Mayume knocked gently on Taiitsukun's chamber doors. She waited a second to enter until she heard Taiitsukun's voice. "Come in, Mayume." Mayume opened the door and closed it behind her as she entered the room. "What is it, child?"

"Miaka has finally come back, though I'm sure you're already aware of that."

Taiitsukun nodded, "Yes, I am....though that is not the reason you came here..."

"You're right," Mayume sighed. "I had a vision of Miaka being killed by Kuto assassins."

Taiitsukun frowned, "When?"

"Tonight."

"This is not good."

Mayume tilted her head in thought. "I believe I know how we can prevent her death, though it will only spare hers. Of course her warriors will still be alive, but a few villagers will still be killed...." Taiitsukun motioned for Mayume to continue. "What if we send Chichiri to rescue her. He'll be able to get there on time with his magic."

Taiitsukun thought over the idea of sending Chichiri to the Priestess of Suzaku's rescue. "Yes, that may just work. It is about time the Priestess met another of her warriors. I shall summon him immediately." Mayume stood quietly as Taiitsukun chanted a small spell. After a moment, Taiitsukun stopped chanting and a man appeared kneeling beside Mayume.

"You summoned me, ya'know?" the man asked the old sage.

"Yes," Taiitsukun answered. "Mayume has received a vision of the Priestess of Suzaku being killed by Kuto assassins tonight. We want you to save her. It is about time you have met your Priestess, Chichiri."

"Oh?" Chichiri glanced over at Mayume, who nodded in confirmation. "I see, ya'know. When should I leave, ya'know?"

Mayume paused as she looked through the future. "I would leave as soon as possible. You should be able to sense their chi to locate them. It won't be hard to figure out who the Priestess is by what's she wearing..."

Chichiri nodded, "Alright, ya'know! I'll leave right away, ya'know!" Chichiri quickly disappeared out of Taiitsukun and Mayume's sight. Mayume stared blankly at the spot the Suzaku warrior had just been.

Taiitsukun noticed and asked, "Is something the matter, child?"

Mayume blinked before shaking her head no. "No, not really. It's just....that I wish I could be of more use or something..."

"Hmmm...."

Mayume smiled at the old sage. "Don't worry! As long as I am of use to you, my lady, then I am happy!" Mayume turned around to leave. "I'm going to go train now." Mayume quickly left Taiitsukun's chambers without another word being said.

Taiitsukun chuckled at her warrior's behavior. "You will get your chance soon enough my child. Just wait a little longer, my Xiaolian."

~*~

The next day

Mayume gritted her teeth as she blocked yet another attack from Nyan-Nyan. She pushed Nyan-Nyan away from her and pulled out her whip. She lashed it out towards the little girl and grinned when it wrapped around her ankle. Mayume pulled the whip back and Nyan-Nyan was sent flying towards her. In once quick motion, Mayume pulled back to punch the girl; however, Mayume stopped only an inch from the little girl's face.

Mayume pulled back and smiled at Nyan-Nyan. "Thanks for practicing with me Nyan-Nyan! You put up a great fight!"

Nyan-Nyan bounced to her feet. "You’re welcome! You're becoming really good!"