Chapter 6- Wish 2

Am I alive... I really hope I'm not dead...
I refuse to open my eyes after everything I had seen with Archer that morning.
C'mon lane... C'mon just open your eyes...
I slowly begin to blink my eyes where I find myself In what seems to be my bed. I feel around for the familiar blankets and pillows which I find. Something feels weird though, im waiting for something, it's like my body is ready for something to happen,
Beep beep beep
Though the sound is familiar, it makes me jump at the sudden sound. My eyes shoot open as I finally have a chance to drink in the scenery Around me. My room, my house, my body. A cold shiver travels down my spine as I finally have a chance to realize exactly what happened. I look over at my alarm. 15 minutes before schedule. I was archer, I felt his body, I WAS his body. Another shiver. The wishes, worked.
Panic rushes through my body in slow crashing waves, hurling me under the icy waters of fear and the unknown. As a teenage girl, I'm used to normal things. Whatever had happened wasn't anything in the ordinary. I breath heavily and slide my legs over to the other side of the bed, the sheets rustling as I do. I slip off, and carefully walk over to the box with the wishes. I'm hesitant, afraid of what might happen. When I get close enough, I touch the box, and carefully open it. Inside is the same thing I remember. The paper with the perfect gold colored ink, showing off the wishes. And the perfect little jar with the little stars, that have those perfectly written numbers on them.
Too perfect...
I think, trying to understand how simple pieces of paper have such extraordinary powers. My hand carefully and delicately brushes over the paper, and the jar. I turn around and scan the room behind me, searching for the number 1 star I threw behind me when I made the wish.
It couldn't have gone far... It has to be somewhere around here...
Nothing. The little star was gone.
Suddenly, a strange wave of curiosity washed over me. I turned back to the box, and read over the number key for the wishes...
I grin down at it, all the power suddenly right in front of me.

Wish two- See what people think of you.
I stared down at the star. Quite frankly, I wasn't so sure I wanted to open this. Yah, I mean. I know that most everyone likes me, right? I mean... Yah maybe not everyone likes me, but most people do.
I keep thinking about the wish as I recall every bad thing I've done to some extent.
Okay... So I did steal that girls lipstick that one time, but not even kidding, it was so pretty... And okay, yah maybe I started that rumor that Avery told Rob that she would do anything for just one pic.. And maybe I made up that thing about Arielle having an std... But Come on, those were harmless... Right?
The silence in the room is enough to hurt me. I suddenly feel very anxious. Without even thinking. I said the wish in my head and threw the star behind me. To feel the same blackness.

"Good morning Lane" says a dark husky voice. My eyes remain tightly shut. Rather scared of opening them again...
"Lane I suggest you wake up. No time to waste." I look up to see an unfamiliar face. Tan skin. Brown hair, sharp jawline. Dark eyes, that seem to pierce me.
" I was hoping you were smart enough to not go in order, so I wouldn't have to meet you so early." He says in a dark clear voice. I stand up and look around. It seems to be a typical room. A large black floor, black walls, and a large screen. Currently showing nothing more then the same black hue.
"Sorry to disappoint..." I say, keeping my own eyes fixed on him, while his are fixed on the screen.
"I'm sure your wondering who I am?" He says. His eyes still on the screen. The screen looks like the kind you would see in a movie theatre. There's a railing preventing me from getting any closer to it. The strange man is casually leaning against it. It occurs to me this is probably the same person that left me the wishes
"Who are you?" I say, taking a few steps closer to him.
He turns his head back to me.
"So I'm basically the keeper of all time and space." I stare at him, obviously not believing any of this.
"And honestly... Your story is kinda saddening. You have a lot of potential and you seem very willing to screw it up." He sighs at me
"Your the one who left the wishes?" I ask, my voice kinda fluttery, contemplating this all may just be one hell of a dream.
"Of course. Now let's watch." He presses a button on some black remote, which turns on the screen. It first shows a picture of me, in maybe fourth grade. I look so little. My pink dress on, with my hair down, in my regular little curls. He presses play, and suddenly Kyle Miller comes into the picture.
"Lane, I found you a flower!" He says holding a bright pink flower to my face. A big smile on his face.
"Thank you Kyle! It's so pretty." I say, staring at the flower.
"Anything for you Laney" he smiles. His cheeks turn an attractive shade of pink.
Suddenly kyles voice becomes audible, but his lips aren't moving. I stare at the screen as though expecting someone to explain it. As though the man knew what I was thinking, he said.
"It's his thoughts", I turn my head to him, but he's staring straight ahead. I turn back to the screen.
"I love you... No Kyle. Don't be stupid, don't say that. Lane will you go out with me... Oh god you sound so stupid. Why would she ever like you?! Tomorrow."
Then Kyle says bye, and walks off. Next clip shows us in 7th grade.
We're walking in the hallway, I'm talking to Becca. Kyle seems to be watching from a distance.
"Should I ask her out... Does she even like me?! No of course she doesn't don't be stupid. She probably likes Asher."
I realize that I wasn't very popular back then, and how Asher was one of the most popular boys in 7th grade. I used to fantasize about being with him... I remember when we finally went out how surprised I was.. As though my life finally had purpose.. I feel blush rising, but not for the reasons it usually did.
On the screen, Kyle continues waking, I call after him. I remember doing that. Wanting to talk to him. Because, really I did like him.
"Kyle!" I call out... But he continues to walk.
The screen shows the front view. Tears burn the sides of his eyes, threatening to fall over the edge. My heart breaks a little watching this, never realizing it.
The next clip is from only a few days ago.
It shows him approaching our table. His floppy brown hair, all messy but adorable as usual.
"Laney... Her hair looks good today. Who am I kidding, it looks good everyday...."
He gives me the forms, and blushes as usual
"Your being an idiot... She has a boyfriend. Back off"
As soon as Kyle mentions Asher in his head, I find my thoughts wandering back to Asher, how I was in his body. No, I wasn't in it, I was it. The thought sends another round of chills through me.  But another thought goes through me. Asher cheated. He cold blooded cheated on me, with the girl I hate the most. My blood boils, as I feel the anger inside me rising.
"So you found out about Asher?" He says, in a calm cool voice. I'm not really in the mood for openly telling him about my love life, so I coldly respond.
"Yah. Well no kidding. Aren't you watching this whole damn thing?" He doesn't respond, and instead presses a button on the remote.
The next clip is of me and Nicole. 3rd grade.
"Morning Laney" she says in a happy voice, I see myself smile back at her and wave, and make my way up the stairs. In her head I hear "what if she becomes popular and leaves me behind..."
suddenly the clip pauses, I turn to the man.
"Yah this is the boring shit no one cares about. Here's the summary. She almost never gets mad at you, she always thought very highly of you, and loves being your best friend. All your friends are pretty much in agreement on that."
He presses play, and suddenly a fast paste slideshow begins. It shows girls I've only ever seen one or twice before, and their disliking for me.
One in particularly catches my eye. It's some girl named lilly. She's thinking about when I was talking to her as I let Asher push up against me. Her words are rather hurtful. The man looks over at me.
"You okay?" I wait a few seconds before slowly nodding back at him.
He comes over to me, and puts out his arms. It's as though he knows I was going to start crying. I turn into his arms, and let the tears stumble out of my eyes. He hugs me a little bit, as though not quite sure how to handle me.
"How can she say that! She doesn't even really know me!" Tears are spilling out faster now "and Asher cheated on me with Amanda, and even she knew!! No one told me besides my best friends and I probably looked stupid for not knowing. Why didn't Kyle ask me out?" He hugs me a little tighter.
"Oh Lane. This is your chance to fix things. I'm not going to lie, these wishes can really hurt. I understand that. But this is your second choice, to fix everything that happened."