Ch 23: Family or Foe

SHOUTOUT TO NCJONES!! THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK ON THE LAST CHAPTER!!

EPILOGUE PT2

4.5 MONTHS LATER

"YOU WHAT???! REALLY?!" Mike yells into the receiver. "I mean I should be happy, but this ruins everything!!" He paces his home office/studio, scratching his head. "Okay, I can deal with this, just give me a sec." He stops and closes his eyes briefly. His eyes shoot open. "No No NO! We are not canceling it! We aren't postponing it either. Chill your jets will ya?" He takes a seat as his eyes lazily scan the room. Suddenly, he stands to his feet, rushes over to his drafting desk. "I GOT IT! No worries all we have to do is change the style. I, am a genius! Love ya Hun!" He blows a kiss through the phone before hanging up.

MEANWHILE

The doorbell rings. Chase and Michele are lounging in the den watching Count of Monte Cristo on DVD. Chase pauses the movie and goes to answer the door.

Michele hears arguing at the door and goes to inspect. When she arrives there are four large men at the door. "What's going on?"

"The oldest of the men holds a hand out to her with a smile. "I am-"

"Leaving!" Chase interrupts. "You are not welcome here." He says looking directly at the older man. "And neither are any of you." He says toward the other three.

They all look at him slightly disappointed, but mostly hurt. "Kid! Look I know I screwed up bringing them here, but they just want to start fresh..."

Chase steels his jaw. "If you would betray my trust by bringing them here, then we are no longer...acquaintances."

The guy looks like someone just punched him. "Kid? Please, they just want to meet you. They've been scouring the planet for you. They...have changed. Please...?"

Michele takes this time to examine all of these men individually. Then it hits her. Oh My Lord...

"Bella! Are these men bothering you?"

Michele's attention snaps to their front yard to see..."GIANNI!!! MATTEO!!!" She pushes past the men, and runs into Gianni's embrace, followed by Matteo's. Both men keep their eyes on the four men at the door.

"Really Bella? You wound me." He says with a hand over his heart.

She turns and faces Antoneo. "ANTONEO!!! She hugs him.

The four men at the door gulp. "Don Salvatori...wh...what brings you here?"

They all walk to the door. Effectively making the three of the men move out of the way. "Chase! It is good to see you again. Congratulations my friend." They shake hands, ignoring the four momentarily. He then turns to the oldest of the men. "I should ask you that same question, Pietro Gagliardi."

"I am just here to meet my grandson and my granddaughter in law. Is that a crime Don Salvatori?" He says cautiously.

Gianni cocks his head to the side. "Only when they aren't your family Pietro. Did Mariana not renounce you as her father, and these..." He gestures toward the other three men. "...as her brothers? If I am not mistaken, out of the five of you, only Dominick is considered family. Which is funny because he is the only one..." He fixes them with a hard glare. ..."NOT present."

The three of them take a step back, while one of them looks a little puzzled. "He is on business in Greece Don Salvatori..." He says, now unsure.

Gianni chuckles. "Is that what Pietro told you Lucca?" He looks at Pietro. "Pietro, you and I both know that is not true...don't we?"