Prologue

A new town. A new school. A new life. I was so glad I escaped that hell of a town. So many terrible memories were created there that even the thought of my old town, my old life made me cringe. It all started last year, 8th grade. I had always been fairly popular in earlier years, but I had lost all my friends due to a terrible rumor that I had hooked up with my bestfriend's boyfriend. Which was completely untrue. A couple months later my mom was diagnosed with cancer.. She was my best friend for all those lonely months. I told her everything and it scared the shit out of me to think that she wouldn't be around for me much longer. That's when I got into the drugs and the alcohol. Not my proudest moments... Of course, those were the only part of my life I didn't tell my mom about. About a month after I smoked my very first cigerette and downed my first beer, my mom passed. I remember getting pulled out of school by my dad and driving to the hospital in silence. I stood by her bedside, clenching her hand, and holding back tears, but when her pulse moniter started beeping and the nurses rushed into the room I knew she was gone. I sobbed for days, until I was all out of tears. The only good thing that came out of this was that I missed about 2 weeks of school. School was what I dreaded most. I wasn't bullied, I was ignored. Nobody even acknowledged my existence. Now do you understand why I'm so happy to be moving? It's my second chance.