Mother Hen

TAYLOR POV

"Seriously? A second time..... No, I had no clue about all this!" I told the person at the other end of the line, "They are all just locked away in that studio doing goodness knows what, I guessing not work though, until all hours of the morning.... Yeah, I think the whole 'letting boys be boys' philosophy needs to stopped. I can promise you that they will get something done by the end of the week." I told the person, looking at the calendar and thinking. It was Wednesday today, so they had 3 days.

I had answered the phone that was ringing off the hook in Adam's kitchen when I got back from lunch with friends thinking it was probably noting too important. I knew he was probably in the studio, as he was most days, and wouldn't hear the landline phone or his cell phone, which was always on silent or vibrate only and ignore on a table or in a pocket all day to my annoyance some days.

Turns out it was very important. Adam, and his 'boys', had missed not one but two deadlines for getting approval on new singles to be released soon. Adam owned his record label, Fly Eye records, but still had contracts with Columbia records and Sony/ATV publishing for his music. A representative from Columbia had been the one to call. The message was quite clear: either they start getting the promised tracks sent over or there would be a serious conversation about the future of the contract.

The first deadline had been a few weeks ago, and they had missed that one because of travel logistics for getting vocals done and a winter illness that had plague the group briefly, the second deadline was 2 days ago....and to all intents and purposes they should have been able to meet that one based on the time they all spent in that dark little room. I hadn't even known about the second deadline, or that they had missed it. I thought it was all on track.... Well, until last week when I had found out that there was more play and less work going on down there. But Adam, and the rest of them too, had promised that actual work was going to happen from then on. I really shouldn't have trusted them.

Time to take matters into my own hands. If they couldn't act like adults and get their work done, then they would have to be treated like misbehaving children who won't do their homework. I would have to sit right next to them until it's done.

ADAM POV

"Okay, one more game!" I relented as the guys begged to continue playing air hockey on the new games table we had bought for the entry hall to the studios.

"Not so fast!" I heard Taylor say sternly from behind me as I watched all the guys' faces drop. I hadn't even heard her come in, damn soundproofing and soft close doors!

"Umm... Hi babe! What are you doing here?" I asked, turning towards her slowly and smiling.

"What am I doing here? Well.... Let's see..... Apparently you have all been slacking and missed yet another deadline. So I'm here to make sure you actually work." She said, pointing towards the main studio door.

"But.." I started.

"No buts... in there right now. All of you." She said, raising her eyebrows as some of the guys started to complain, silencing them immediately.

I had barely ever seen this side of Taylor, only when the cats were misbehaving or someone messed something obvious up for a show or event..... It had never really been directed towards me.

"Ho-....um....how did you know about the deadlines?" I asked sheepishly as she followed me into the studio.

"Someone called from Columbia and we got talking and she told me.... And gave me a very serious warning to pass on to you... basically it was get the music sorted or you're out, so you better sit your behind down on that chair and get to work." She said, pointing to my chair, "And anyone who is not necessary should leave right now...if I see you just sitting around dong nothing there will be consequences."