10

Y/N's POV

Opening the door to my hotel room, I quickly dragged my bags in then flopped down on the bed exhausted. It was only a 3 hour flight but I'm not very good with flying therefore I currently feel like shit. Basically the only time I enjoyed being on a plane was joining the mile high club if you know what I mean. The good old days when I was just an innocent little boy. I was 14 and didn't know the first thing about where to put it but clearly I was good enough for that flight attendant. Although, now the only girl I want is Mani.

The audition is tomorrow and it's in front of the girls and their management. This decides my future as a drummer because if I get turned down from this then that's it, I'm done. I honestly can't face anymore rejection. I know I fucked up with my old band but it seriously wasn't my fault. I can't help it that her ass was too perfect to resist.

For the rest of the day, I just sat around eating room service and playing videos games since the hotel had an Xbox in the room. Also, spending the time looking over the drum tab to the song that I'm doing. I decided not to go with the one I sent to the group chat as it is better when doing it in the rain. I decided on CrushCrushCrush by Paramore because I grew up listening to them and if I get this then they would be here with me in a way.

After coming out of the bathroom later that night, I stripped down to my boxers and slid into bed. I have to get up early tomorrow at about 7am which is why I asked for one of those wake up call things because I can't wake up to my alarm for shit. Thinking about tomorrow some more, I slowly fell asleep.

The next morning, I was awakened by a loud knock on the room door. I rolled out of bed and stumbled to the door still in my sleep state. Pulling the door open, I came face to face with a beautiful girl that seems to work at the hotel.

"Hi Sir," she started. 'Sir' I prefer daddy but sir will do. "The phone line doesn't seem to be working this morning so I was sent up here to wake you up." I notice her looking down slightly and blushing. Curious, I peer down and notice that my dick is also in his morning state.

Quickly getting behind the door, I begin to apologise, "I am so sorry. Fuck. Thank you for coming up here." I pushed the door shut and groaned to myself. Well that's a way to start the morning.

Jumping out of the shower within 5 minutes of being in, I threw on clothes and grabbed my bag before leaving the hotel and climbing into the uber. It takes 30 minutes to get to the studio where I will be auditioning and to say this is the scariest ride of my life would be an under statement. The nerves are getting to me now. Count to 10, Y/N. I tell myself this over and over.

Suddenly the car stops and I look out the window to see the studio building in front of me. Fuck. I climbed out of the car and thanked the driver before walking in through the rotating doors. The front desk had one young woman at it and she looked up at me when I walked over to her.

"Hi, how can I help you?" The woman asked politely. Looking at her name tag, I found out that her name is Wendy. Cute.

"I have an audition at 8am. My name is Y/F/N." I smiled at her trying to show that I wasn't shitting myself even though I was on the inside.

She started looking at the computer in front of her and after several minutes she found my name. "If you would like to take a seat over there and someone will be through for you soon." I nodded my head in thanks to her then made my way over to the comfy seats in the corner of the room.

Pulling my phone out, I made a quick text to the group chat on Twitter telling them that I was here and about to go in. The only person that responded was Mani wishing me good luck. My heart fluttered when I read the name she called me, 'Babe'.

"Y/F/N!" I heard my name getting called and immediately stood up. The man made his way over to me and introduced himself before leading me through to the room with the girls and their management. He opened the door and motioned for me to go in. This is it. One more step and you'll be in front of the people who helped you through everything.

Entering the room, I walked to the middle in front of the drum kit, set up to how I specifically asked, and faced the familiar faces. It all hit me at that moment when I locked eyes with Normani. She didn't recognise me, at least I think she didn't as she had only seen one picture of me but being right there in front of her, I knew I wanted her to be mine.

"Hi, Y/N. Before you start why don't you tell us a little more about yourself." I looked to the direction of the voice. Lauren.

"Well I used to be in a band but unfortunately I got kicked for reasons I'm not comfortable talking about," at this Normani's head perked up and she starts listening more, "and drumming is all I've wanted to do since I was two years old when I first picked up the sticks." I responded to her and then one of their managers told me that I could start whenever I'm ready.

I made my way to the stool behind the kit and pulled my own sticks out of my bag. They were my lucky sticks that I only use on special occasions, let's just hope they bring me luck today. Making sure everything was set up to my liking, I started playing with all the energy I could muster up. By the end of the song, everyone in the room was watching me with their jaws hanging open.

Focusing on Mani, she turned to whisper in Dinah's ear but I couldn't quite hear what she was saying. "That was amazing!" Camila squealed at me. They all started speaking at the same time and it was too much to take in. Was I really that good?

"If you would like to step outside for a moment while we discuss a few things." I heard from someone, not quite paying attention but getting the message and grabbing my bag to leave the room.

I paced outside the door for what felt like forever before I was called back in. "Turns out you were the last person to audition and we have looked over everyone again. Congratulations!" My world froze. I got it. I actually did it. Do I tell Mani who I am now?

All the girls came up and hugged me to my surprise but I just stood there shocked. Everything was happening so fast. I need to tell my mom and sister, they'll be so proud. Also the group chat. Fuck the group chat. Fuck Normani.

The girls and everyone else left the room except Mani. She lingered at the door but turned around and slowly walked back to me. Suddenly I stumbled backwards slightly and realised that this little bitch pushed me. "You fucking idiot. Why didn't you tell me that you were auditioning?!" Oh so she did know. Oops.

"I'm sorry, I wanted to surprise you when we first met. Um..surprise." I chuckled but all she did was roll her eyes and pull me into a hug. Damn it felt good to have her in my arms. We may only be 'friends' from a group chat but everything right now felt so right.

Everything is about to be real starting tomorrow. I need to move to LA. I need to leave my family. I need to win Mani's heart. Let's fuck shit up.

========
This is shit and there is probably lots of mistakes but fuck it idc. I should be sleeping bc school but nah. -M