Family: They'll Be The Death of You

We got the Starship in the interrogation room and chained him to a chair in silver as Bobby was in the room with a knife and Cas, Sam, Brit, Dean and I were standing outside the room, peering in. He wasn't talking though. Then, we heard something and told Cas to stay while we went to check it out. But, when we got to the cells, we saw it was just two boys on a bench, tied up and gagged.

"You're Dr. Silver's boys" Sam recognized them. The older one nodded.

"Alright, don't worry. We're gonna get you out of here, okay?" Brit told them.

"Keys?" I said to Dean.

"Yea" he said and went to go find them.

"We're not gonna hurt you. My name is Melissa, this is my sister, Brittney. This is Sam and his brother, Dean. Those cops, they're not coming back, ever" I said, gently, staring right into their eyes.

Dean came back with the keys and unlocked the cell. We walked in and I un-gagged them. "What are your names?" Brit asked.

"Joe. This is Ryan" the older one said.

"Hey Ryan, how you doing?" Dean asked, kneeling down to his height.

Ryan just averted his eyes. "He won't talk, not since they came for us" Joe said.

"Alright, listen Joe. We're gonna get you out of those handcuffs. Um, but you understand what's going on around here, don't you?" Joe nodded.

"So first we've gotta make sure you're you"

"How you gonna do that?"

"Well there's a few...dozen tests...okay, let's get started"

~~

Once we were sure the boys were human, we headed back to Bobby and Cas. "So you two never heard 'em talk... about a mother, or someone named Eve?" Sam asked.

"It was just me and Ryan in there" Joe shook his head.

"And your folks?" Dean wondered.

"Cops said we were next. He said we were food"

"You have any other family?" I asked.

"An uncle in Merritt"

"Merritt, what's that, like 15 miles outside of town?" Brit said.

"Okay. We'll get you there" I said.

"Melissa. Can I have a word?" Cas said. I turned and walked over to him but Dean came too. "We need to find Eve now" Cas said, sternly.

"Yeah. Go. Me, Dean, Sam and Brit just gotta make a milk run" I said.

"We need your help here"

"Hold your water. We'll be back in a few"

"Dean, Melissa. Millions of lives are at stakes here, not just two. Stay focused"

"Are you kidding?" Dean asked as I narrowed my eyes at Cas.

"There's a greater purpose here"

"Ya know, I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of the greater purposes, okay? I think what I'd like to do now is save a couple of kids, if you don't mind" I snapped.

"We'll catch up" Dean added and then we faced Sam, Brit and the boys. "Okay guys, let's go. C'mon" he said and we all walked out.

We took one car with Dean in the driver's seat, Sam in the passenger seat, Brit and I were in the back with Joe and Ryan in the middle of us.

"Hey, you should get some rest" Joe said to Ryan and wrapped an arm around him so he could lean into him and shut his eyes.

I smiled a little and then looked up at Brit and saw she was smiling too. Then, I looked up at Dean and saw him through the rearview mirror and he was smiling at the familiar sense...I could tell it was reminding him of himself and Sam and I looked over at Sam to see him smile a little as he looked out the window. Then, I looked down slightly. Family...you cant live without them...but, they'll be the death of you in the end.