Fake It Till We Make It Part 2

Our next stop was the morgue. We checked out the most recent dead body in town and his apparent cause of death was blood loss. He had a lot of puncture wounds at the femoral arteries and carotid. Right after that, though, Dean called informing us that Frank had found out the numbers Bobby gave us were coordinates to some land Dick bought. Dean and frank were now surveiling the area. Now we were in the motel room, seeing what to do next. Sam was going through John’s journal and Mel and I were laying side by side on one of the beds, just staring up at the ceiling. Then, all of a sudden, she stood to her feet and took my hand to pull me up as well.

“We’ll be at the car, Sam” she said to him and he just watched us go as I shrugged back at him. It was weird. When it came to Sam, she told him exactly where she was going but with Dean…nothing.

We got to the car and got in the back seat. We sat in silence for a moment as I watched her carefully and she just kept her eyes foreword. “Mel…please tell me what’s going on with you and Dean…if not that then just tell me what’s going on with you

“I could’ve saved him…I could’ve saved him and I didn’t…” she began to cry.

“Who? Bobby? Mel…there’s was nothing you could’ve done”

“Yes. There was. He was alive again…but…he wanted me to let him go…and so I did” she shrugged but then sobbed.

I honestly didn’t know how to respond. So I just slid closer to her to wrap my arms around her. “Okay…it’s okay” I soothed as she cried into me. She was finally letting it all out. She needed to. It was eating away at her. She and I both knew it. It was only a matter of time.

It was probably a half hour before she finally calmed down and was able to wipe her face. Then, she began to go into this long story about how she was able to stop time and bring Bobby back to life but at the cost of her own life. But then he told her that it was time for all of us to let him go. Then she began to tell me how I started to crash as well and no one was thinking that I was going to make it so she was trying so hard to save me, but Dean was holding her back and she almost broke his nose for doing so. But it wasn’t necessary anyway because I came through. Then she told me about Dick Roman showing up. I mean, how much can you really miss when you’re in a coma?

“Geez all of that happened?” I asked.

“Yep” she sighed, laying her head back.

“And I’ve been dying to tell you. I just…I can’t tell Dean, ya know? He’ll be more pissed than he is now because I almost killed myself”

“But you did it for Bobby” She gave me a look. “No you’re right. It’s Dean. He’ll hate you for even thinking about it”

“Exactly…and if I told Sam…well…he’s Sammy. To tell him that Bobby actually had a chance?”

“But you’re here. You don’t think he’d prefer you?”

“Probably not. If it was between you and Bobby, now that’s a different story” she smiled. I liked seeing her actually smile after all this time.

“But you should know that if you saved me and you weren’t here right now I would be so pissed at you”

“I think you would’ve gotten over it”

Melissa” I scolded.

What? I wasn’t just going to let you die”

“Maybe you should start thinking about yourself for a change”

“I was. I was thinking about how I wouldn’t be able to survive without you”

“Awe you mean that?” I cheesed.