Chapter ten

I blinked as I saw the food being thrown around and I looked quizzically to Alfred.

Alfred grinned at me and threw a piece of carrot at England's head.

I chuckled and threw mash potatoes right at Papa France's face.

"Ah! My 'air!" He said wiping off the potato carefully.

I chuckled as he looked around.

"Who threw that?" He asked and all traces of me being happy were gone.

He didn't see me again.

I sighed and Alfred shrugged. "Dude, I think it was Mattie." He said gesturing to me.

Papa looked but stared right through me. "Who is zis Mattie?"

I gulped and looked down sadly.

England smacked his head. "Your son is sitting right there you bloody git." He said darkly.

Papa France finally looked over to me.

"Ah! Mathieu, when did you get 'ere mon fils?" He asked studying me.

I sighed, "I-I was here the whole time P-Papa." I muttered.

"Oh. Okay, now, who dares challenge zhe great France?" He said looking at the other two and forgetting about me once again.

I sigh and sit back, and continue to eat. I watch the others have fun as I felt the pain in my chest again. I swallow and stand up, I walk to the base of the stairs and head to my room.

They didn't even notice me leaving.

I climbed the stairs placing one heavy foot after the other and tried to remain calm.

" 'as anybody seen my Mathieu?" I hear Papa ask from downstairs.

I shook with rage but tried to keep my head. "I could do this. I dealt with this all the time when I was younger. I'll be fine." I said to myself over and over.

I finally made it to my bedroom and sighed in relief. I picked up Kuma and combed his fur.

"Who are you?" I heard him ask.

I gulped, "I-I'm Canada." I mutter back.

"Who?" He asked again.

I shook my head and kept combing his fur.

He finally stopped talking and let me finish combing his fur.

I put him on the bed and decided to go on Facebook.

To my horror, Gilbert's girlfriend had sent me a friend request.

I gulped and accepted, I mean, I didn't want to seem like a douche if I didn't right?

Right?

She was very pretty. Her name was Zoe Trancy. She just finished art school and was just accepted to an art studio where they create anime's or something along the lines of that.

I sighed and looked through her pictures.

Most of them were with Gil.

I shut the laptop harder then I thought, which lead to a huge crack in the bottom left corner. I cursed and made a mental note to get it fixed later.

Kuma crawled up on my lap and snuggled there. He may have forgotten my name all the time, but he still loved me.
I was grateful for that.

~

I remember first getting Kuma.

It was around a hundred years ago when Papa France came through the door holding me and Al's presents.

He held a Captain America figure for Alfred, and held a polar bear in the other.

I gasped as I touched his fur. He was so soft! I never let him out of my sight ever again. He was just so cute!

At first Papa thought he was a plush, that is, until Kuma followed me down the stairs when he wanted food.

Alfred wasn't happy with that. He wanted his own bear too.

Papa apologized to me and offered to take him back but I refused. Kuma had meant too much to me anyways.

It was honestly the best present I have ever received.

I gave him the name Kumajiro, but sometimes, I'd even forget his name too!

~

I chuckled at the memory and petted Kumajiro lightly. Kumajiro never aged, which was a definite bonus. He remained a polar cub for a really, REALLY, long time. So whenever I would bring him out, people would only notice him, and not me.

I didn't mind, Kuma is pretty cute.

I heard a knock on my door and I sighed. I picked up Kumajiro carefully and placed him on my bed. He snuggled once more and fell fast asleep.

I walked to the door and opened it, to my surprise, it was England.

"Uh...h-hi Dad." I said stuttering.

He smiled. "Hello America, is Canada here?" He asked looking around.

I face-palmed and sighed. "N-no, dad I'M Canada." I muttered darkly.

He became surprised and quickly apologized. "S-sorry." He said.

"It's fine." I say standing there awkwardly.

"S-so...what do you need?" I asked.

"Oh! Right. Uh...You're father invited Gilbert and his girlfriend over."

My breathe hitched and I felt the pain in my chest again. I nodded. "O-Okay." I replied.

He stood there awkwardly for another few seconds and finally nodded.

"Okay. We're having fish and chips tonight if you were wondering." He said proudly and headed back downstairs.

My eyes widened in horror.

"T-this is just not my night." I muttered once again, darkly.

~

A few hours later, I found myself sitting across Prussia and Zoe.

I looked down at the burnt food and pretended to eat it, hoping to make England happy.

He was eating it happily, Alfred had put some in his pockets of his jacket, Papa France had been actually eating it, not really minding at all.

Prussia and Zoe were also eating it, but I could see the pain in their eyes.

I let out a short laugh then covered my mouth quickly. Luckily though, no one noticed. So I guess that was also another perk to being invisible.

I made a mental note to add that to my "Invisible" list and poked at my food.

~

After supper, we all retired to the den and chatted a while. I wasn't interested in any of the topics, but they still urged me to add onto anything.

I tried my best to add on, but it was a lost cause. All I wanted to do was sleep, and eat decent food.

Another reason was that it hurt to see them together, because they really were a good couple. One might say perfect.
I pretended to scratch my arm when I secretly traced my scars. I gulped and sighed.

I guess this is what I get for being invisible.