chapter 11

>>Blake<<

"Yes. So I was thinking maybe you could come up with some design for the resort that I was planning to develop in California." I started to explain my idea.

>>>>>>>>>>5 minutes later>>>>>>>>

Amy sat through the explanation without budging. She didn't move or looked like she was bored. She was just listening, taking in every detail. As soon as I stopped, I waited for her to agree or disagree straight away, but she just sat in silent. She looked like she was deep in thought. A few second later, she started to speak.

"That sounds marvellous, except for the fact that you haven't taken into consideration, the costs and the resources." She stated....."This is a 70 to 30 percent chance that it'll work." She sounded so business like.

I looked at her confused. "Care to elaborate?"

"Well, say you're investing $1,000,000 just for a few resort houses and you'll be getting a profit of half the amount invested. And I will not guarantee that the customers will like it. People would want to relax and feel comfortable with their surroundings. They wouldn't want to be surrounded with sophisticated art." I was stunned at how good she was at her job. But she went on.....and on....and on.....And it felt like a never ending lecture!! I sighed when she finally came to a stop.

"Ok, now that I know what you want, I'll work on it. Right then, I'll be taking my leave." She stood up and began walking away. Hell NO!!! Not the fourth time!!

"Wait!!!!" I said loudly, making sure not to scare her but to make her stop.

"Yes Mr. Davis?" She turned to face me, still with the same expression.

"What about the night before?" I asked feeling a bit embarrassed.

"What night Mr. Davis?" I saw her raised an eyebrow.

"You know....the night at the hotel.." I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down slightly at the ground.

"Oh..the night we made out?? I think I was drunk...So let's pretend nothing happened? We'll keep this professional won't we Mr. Davis?" She gave me a fake smile when I looked up to her. I felt pain stabbed me in the stomach. My right eye was twitching. She was embarrassing me again!!

"Of course Ms. Moore" I gave her a reassuring smile. Two can play this game....I mentally smirked.

"Well, if there's nothing I can assist you with, I shall leave." I gave her a nod, she turned and walked out the door.

*Ring Ring* ....*Ring Ring*....

I pulled out my phone and looked at the caller ID. Dad.

"Hello dad." My voice was cold.

"If you're free today, I wish to meet you. At the same place." For the first time in awhile, my dad sounded normal and not grumpy.

"I am free. And is 8o'clock alright?" I wondered why he'd want to see me I meant...I saw him at the hospital two days ago.

"See you then" And he hung up.

»Amy«

"Yes mom, ok ok!! I will!!!" I shouted over the phone.

"Honey make sure you look nice ok?" I wonder what has gotten into her. She wanted to take me out tonight for dinner?

"Yes yes, I'll see you then ok? I've got work to do, Bye mom!"

"Bye honey, see you" Mom replied before she hung up. I looked at my watch. 2 hours till 5. And I have to be there at 8. I mentally sighed and resume my work.