Chapter 14

(Not Edited)

I had decided to go to my father's house and introduce Rose instead of calling him. I knew that it wasn't right just calling my father and telling him he had a granddaughter now. Even though it was much more simpler and less physical, it wasn't right.

Sunday morning, I got myself and Rose ready for the announcement. I haven't contacted my father since the funeral, but only because I've been dealing with some of my own stuff. I know, I am not the best daughter, but hopefully he can forgive me.

Rose was wearing a beautiful white coat with black leggings and miniature Uggs. Her curly hair was up in two pigtails with two white, little bows.

I dressed similarly, but without the bows and hairstyle and wore a red coat instead of a white one.

I sat her down on the couch and told her to wait while I packed us a light snack. I turned on some cartoons so she wouldn't get bored. I walked to the kitchen and started to pack yogurts, pretzels, and fruit snacks. I dialed my father's number and raised the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I heard my father say in the other line. His voice had a hint of sadness in it. I felt my mood drop by just hearing my father. He was still in pain, and I felt even more guilty for not calling him sooner.

"Hi, dad," I gently greeted.

"Alessia?" He questioned with surprise. "Honey, how have you been?" His voice sounded more happier, but there was still that tinge of sadness.

"I've been good dad," I responded. I went to go check on Rose and saw that she was interested in her show that she didn't notice me coming in. "I've been meaning to talk to you, but time gets in the way."

"It's okay, sweetheart. I understand," he said.

"How have you been, dad?" I asked softly, afraid that he was going to break down by my question.

I heard him sigh in the other line. "I've been better. I miss her, you know?"

I looked at the ground and nodded my head. "So do I," I whispered.

"But, you know what? It's life. We're all going to die. Might as well live instead of grieve until you die," he preached. I lightly chuckled.

"That's true," I responded. "I was hoping I can see you today."

"Of course, Alessia." His voice had a more happier tone than before. "Your always welcomed, honey."

"Thanks dad," I said. "I'm also going to bring someone along." I quickly glanced at Rose and saw that she was now paying attention to me. I quickly sent her a smile.

"Oh! Is it your boyfriend?" My father asked and I could swear he was smiling.

"No, dad. I don't have a boyfriend," I said and rolled my eyes. He was still hoping.

"What about that gentleman who went to the funeral? I saw you and him conversing."

"Dad, that was not conversing. That was more like shouting to one another," I responded. "And anyways, he has a girlfriend," I bitterly said and wrinkled my nose.

"Eh? But you two looked perfect for each other," he happily shouted. I had to cover the earpiece so I won't become deaf. At least he was happier than when we first started talking.

"No dad," I disagreed. "We are not perfect for each other."

"Why so?"

"Because," I paused for a moment. "We already had an argument and we barely started talking. Think about it, if he and I were to be in a relationship, we wouldn't last very along. We're both too stubborn."