Eren X Reader: I know...

"Eren, no!!" Those were the last words that left your sore throat as you watched the boy you harbored deep feelings for bite his thumb, finalizing his decision of taking on the dreaded Titan form.

You had no choice but to tremble slightly in fear. Despite the fact you had been in the Survey Corps just as long as Eren, you'd seen just what he had done to Mikasa the time he was in his Titan form. He seemed so out of control, and it scared you. You couldn't brush the thought of something going wrong, and Eren doing something that caused the higher ups to decide to kill him. You wouldn't be able to live with it.

However, you never imagined that you would be the one looking death in the eyes.
The Titan form of Eren turned abruptly, causing you to waver while you maneuvered through the trees. You attempted to maneuver out of the titan's way, though you got caught up peering into the deep green eyes that mirrored Eren's so closely that you got distracted.

The worse part? You noticed something in those green eyes. Something that struck fear into you, something that told you simply: Eren was not in charge.

That was the only warning you got before a large humanoid hand came towards you, you were too distracted to move, only able to let a startled gasp. Not that it mattered anyway, it was all you fast. You got brutally slammed into a tree. You could hear sickening noises, it felt like you were out of your body, though you knew it was your bone's snapping and popping out of place, you knew it was the sound of your own flesh tearing and blood gushing out.

Whist tumbling to the ground, the world started to fade. You couldn't believe it, not now. You couldn't die now but... You also couldn't live, you knew your body was damaged beyond repair. Though you weren't so much worried about yourself, but you were worried about Eren. His conscience may not have been the cause to this... But his actions were. Anyway, they would appear to be. How would the boy be able to live with himself? Knowing the one he'd loved for the longest time was dead? And furthermore, because of him? How would the higher ups react? Would they kill him? You were so scared, you didn't want Eren to feel pain because you were too weak to continue on living. You didn't want Eren to suffer.

It felt like a century, as if time itself had slowed, forcing you to take in this moment. Though your head eventually hit the hard ground, the sound of your skull cracking, and all of the light fading from view, you only being able to mumble a feeble "E-Eren..." Before you lost consciousness.

It was dark.
It was cold.
Was I dead? I thought death would be at least a bit more glorious than this.
Everything still hurt.
My head was throbbing and my chest hurt so bad I thought it was going to split open.
You couldn't move-
Yet still, at that moment...
Somehow...
Your (e/c) orbs fluttered open. Revealing a trembling figure before you.
This figure looked at you through red and tear-filled eyes, as if the only thing they'd been doing for hours was crying.

"(Y-Y/n)!" Eren cried out, his voice was weak, and cracked from crying. He shook his head, tears continuously streaming down his face.

"Sh... Eren.. I love you-" You mumbled, quite sealing at that. Eren looked up, green eyes sparkling wit the salty liquid of sadness. "I-I love you too (Y/n)... I'm so-... I'm so sorry!" He said, hugging you, and despite the pain, you smiled. "I know." You whispered to him, as a certain numbness overcame you, and you knew this time, you might be able to be at peace.

A/n: ah omg what the hell did I just write? I don't know, sorry for this... Monstrosity... Maybe you enjoyed? Anyways, Thankyou for reading!