Episode 2 Scene 3

When she held my hand and pulled me few meters along with her, I could relate the feel with the feel I had a long time ago in school time when I would suddenly touch my crush(es) while doing some projects. Time has stretched so much, but I must thank her for letting my small childhood feel back in action again.

Taxi!

She was approaching towards Taxi. Why do we need to get a taxi when we could go by bus? Why was she acting extravagant? However, only one thing that struck my mind was the money that my wallet had. I was still unaware about it. I wish I had habit of keeping myself updated with such stuffs.

How much from here to Bhaktapur Durbar Square?, she asked.

Nrs 500, he replied.

She bargained for some time and successfully convinced him to take us to the destination on Nrs. 350. Perhaps, there is fun in dating bankers-You learn stuffs!

Bhaktapur Durbar Square is one of the important cultural heritage site recognized worldwide. People would come from different part of the world to see the amazing scripture and astonishing structures reciting the stories that would date back to centuries back.

As we crossed Thimi, 3 km towards west of Kausaltar, she broke her silence.

She: So, I never asked what you do for living. Care to reveal?

Me: I am an Engineer.

She: I know that stupid. Where do you work I meant?

Me: Er... Oxfam

She: Oh! That green stuff right. Is it something related to going green?

Me: Yes, the green stuff!

In the meantime, a surge of thought came in my mind.

What If I do not have some handsome amount in my wallet? Do I need to do ask him to stop somewhere near in ATM?

I was intervene by the cold wind blowing from the window of the taxi. I tried to close the window but the system was broken. I asked the driver if he could help repair and he did.

This was not new to me-being with a girl. However, it was so new to me that someone is taking me to a new place and I have no clue about her background. I am always excited with the thrills but this one seems kind of different.

I wanted to ask her why is she acting like she know me from years. I had no idea if this was appropriate.

I suddenly felt old. Is this a generation gap?

She is ok with this all and I have lots of queries in my mind. Is this what being forward means? God knows!

Oh whatever! I will ask her straightly.

When I was just about to speak, she got a call from a person. I couldn't see the name, but I realized that it changed everything about her. She looked disgusted and rejected the call. I was not so close to ask her about the personal stuffs, but I clearly knew this was not something simple.

Her eyebrows narrowed and the pupil enlarged. Her nostrils were tiny, but they flared heavily when she was stressed. I could see her looking outside the window and constantly looking at her phone. She didn't look up at my eyes straight. She constantly looked back of the car and again looked at the time.

Is someone troubling you, Shraddha?, I spoke after long pause of silence.

We had already reached Sallaghari, 4.3 km from Kausaltar and the car was just about to turn left to go through junction to reach Durbar Square.