Goodbye To The Things We Love

Prologue

It hurts, no that's not the words she would use to describe it, it burnt all she wanted to do was curl up and cry like she had never cried before. Then the anger started to kick in the anger at Pyrrah, at who was on the P.A, anger at everything all she wanted to do was cut down whatever got in her way.
As the Nevermore broke into the stadium she saw her target, it had just landed she ran no flew forward at a speed unseen by the human eye. She grabbed one of Penny's swords and stabbed the Nevermore in the chest shouting "LEAVE HER ALONE" at the top of her lungs. The Nevermore took off and started circling her preparing for an attack, when it saw it's moment and broke into a glide to attack Ruby noticed somethings hitting it's back. It was not till it hit the ground at her feet she realised what they were, they were the rocket propelled lockers the students were all given.
She saw students jump into the arena as the lockers opened eager to get there hands on there equipment, they all saw that the Nevermore was starting to recover and instantaneously sprang into action. They worked flawlessly as a team to take down the Nevermore, and as it's head rested at Ruby's feet she made a decision. She herd Pyrrah's tearful voice say "Ruby I am so sorry"
"don't just don't say anything to me, Sun I need to borrow your scroll." her voice was like ice almost everyone seemed scared. Ruby's own locker crashed down behind her a few seconds later.
Throwing Sun back his scroll she turned and opened her locker, after a putting Crescent Rose on Her carry clip she walked over to the husk of what was the woman/machine she cared for, she bent down kissed the redheaded girls forehead Ruby untied Penny's pink bow. After tieing the ribbon around her wrist she spoke, but her voice did not sound like the sweet innocent girl they had seen a few hours ago, no it sounded like a woman with decades of battle experience, a woman who belongs on the battlefield, she had the voice of a leader.
Her eyes were glowing silver all those who looked her in the face couldn't make eye contact, for some reason it felt forbidden, her commanding voice said "you can either run and evacuate or follow me into battle! I'm not going to lie this may be a one way trip but if I am to die I will take out as many Grim as I can before I fall. But if you choose to run I understand I will not judge your choice, but one thing I do know is that we will make them pay all of them the Grim, The White Fang, the voice on the P.A. I will do my best to strike them all down, all by myself if I have to." Her words hit everyone like a wave brakes upon a cliff, the students could not put there fingers on it but something about her made them want to follow her to the pits of hell and back maybe it was the conference in her voice, the aura of power she was radiating or maybe it was the glow in Ruby's furious eyes. Non of them were going to argue with her she was there commander and them her soldiers waiting for the battlefield. Seeing that no-one was going to oppose her she said "Ladys and gentlemen war has been declared and as of now the Battle For Beacon has begun" and with that The commander left the stadium with her troops to fight the war that terrorised the streets.

A.N.- Thankyou for reading my first dabble in the world of Fanfiction, if you like this do let me know so I can write more or even carry this one on. I do intend to write more in the future so do please look out for it.