Chapter 3: A house devided...

Same rules for speech, thought and flashback.

May 1st
It's been tuff today, between the baby and little yang I'm totally worn out. Why did Raven just up and dissappear? was it something we did? I don't know. One thing I do know is I want Qrow to come home with or without her, the house had never felt so empty. I hardly take off his shirts and the bed smells of him less and less. He would be able to help Tie out of this depression he's in, god he must be crushed. But the main reason I want him home is I don't want to miss the birth, he spent so much time on that nursery, he's promised to wait on the little ones every whim. I know he'll be crushed if he misses the birth of his little rose, a father should never miss his child's birth.

Ruby's P.O.V.
Reading this confirmed to me something I has come to realise through the corse of this diary. Tie-Yang wasn't my father, my father was Qrow Branwen. The only reason he wasn't able to be there is because of his sister. The aunt I swore would pay for keeping him away from me.
It had been three days since I had started to read my mum's diary and I'd already learnt so much, not just my true father but also my mother's legacy. Summer Rose was the summer maiden, which begged the question why hadn't I received her powers when she had died. Professor Ozpin had told my mother that the powers were hereditary.
I put down the book and decided to get a drink, walking downstairs I was met by Zwei as always. Walking into the kitchen or saw Yang, she had been up and about for a day now and she's been anything but polite and today my mood was already bad.
"hi Yang" I said trying to be nice.
"oh it's you" she snarled.
"do you want me to open that for you" I asked pointing to the jar.
"I don't want your charity or pity Ok!" she yelled.
"gee sorry I was only trying to help" I replied with a sigh.
"oh yea if you want to help go sort out that alcoholic father of yours huh?" that was the last straw.
"You knew Qrow was my father?" I shouted.
"well yea everyone does he's not exactly subtle about it, if you actually paid attention and didn't try to make yourself better than everyone you'd notice!" She remarked.
"you knew and you never told me how could you? Also I never tried to make myself better than ANYONE!" At this point my eyes felt warm not from tears but from pure rage, according to mum's diary. When a warrior with silver eyes experiences strong emotions they will gain unique abilities, depending on the emotions felt at the time and the situation.
"Yes I knew! But MY father, the good man who took you in after dear old mommy kicked the bucket told me not to tell you. As for not trying to be better what do you call all that 'oh I got into Bacon 2 year early, oh look at me I became team leader oh I'm so amazing.' it was pathetic"
At this point Yang had started to notice the silver outline forming around her and got scared. "what are you doing to me you freak why can't I move?" my glared with more intensity and I focused more "you know dear cousin if I focused a bit harder I could freeze you in place, or stop your lungs from taking in air!" My voice didn't sound like my own I sounded like an experienced solder, a cold hearted killer.
Then I realised what was happening I was losing control, blinking and dropping my focus Yang dropped to the floor. Suddenly all the emotions that had been building up over the last few days released, as I started to cry I ran out of the back door as fast as my semblance would carry me. I would not give her the satisfied in knowing she made me cry.
I ran fast and hard, I ran to the only person who could help, the one person would could explain. Qrow's house was not far from mine a bit closer to town but still an hours walk to it. Entering the front yard I heard a noise from the workshop I walked inside. Qrow must have turned heard the gate because he turned around with a smile, as soon as he saw the tears it immediately dropped. He walked up to me and wraped his arms around me, and gave me a hug "hey kid" he said in his usual gruff tone.
"hay dad" was my mumbled response.
"so now you know... I'm sure you have lots of questions, let's go inside get a drink and we'll talk." and with that we headed to the house.

And that's another chapter complete, I must say I am enjoying writing in this and I shall continue.

But as always thanks for reading, and until next time have fun.