Chapter 43

Chapter 43

It was a beautiful, hot Sunday morning. The sunlight streamed through the curtains on the window right above my bed. Drowsily, I got up and shifted the curtains away. I looked at the scenic view outside, some people lying beneath the trees, others jogged, chatted or were generally enjoying their Sunday. And all that beauty made no sense to me, as the first person that came to my mind was Cameron. Why the hell was he the first thing that came to my mind in the morning? Honestly, I didn't want to, but still somehow he crawled back into my brain.

My 19th birthday had flew by uneventfully. It was the worst birthday of my life because I was sad and I didn't know why. I had dinner with Kai and Xander for which I paid and we ate cake. Of course, I got many birthday wishes from my family and friends. Even Cameron remembered and texted me at midnight with the same old 'Happy Birthday' and I replied to him with the same old 'Thank you'. And, that was all the conversation we had in those three weeks after he had drunk dialed me.

Then, why did I still think about him?

Before I could create an imaginary picture of me and him together enjoying the warmth of the morning, I shoved his thoughts away. Thinking about lost love is the worst way to destroy a holiday. Fortunately, I had only a week of classes left until I could go away and hide from all these feelings.

I called up Kai to know his plans for today because that day I had nothing. My boss had forcibly asked me to take a day off and give other workers a chance as I had been hogging up a lot of shifts. I had finished watching every one of my favorite TV shows on Netflix. I was hoping he would have something for me that would take me outside of these four walls.

"Hello?" Kai's sleepy voice greeted me.

"Are you still sleeping? What about the gym?"

"I'm not going today, I'm still sore from yesterday. And crazy woman, you need to take a break someday too."

"But, I'm fucking bored. I've nothing else to do, and you're coming with me."

"No, you've been going crazy with the working out thing lately. You need to relax." His advise sounded genuine. And for the first time I thought he was right, I was overdoing everything.

"Kai, you've been through this right," I said, sighing. "How long does it take for these damn feelings to go away?"

"Have you tried dating other people?"

"He is the first thing that comes to my mind every fucking morning. You think I'm capable of dating other guys?" I raised my voice a little.

"Don't get serious with anyone. I'm just saying go on casual dates." He pressed further.

"No, I just can't to do that. Do you have a better plan?" Just thinking about dating other people scared the shit out of me. I didn't want to get hurt again.

"Actually, I have. You know what, I'll call Xander and you take out your bathing suit cause we're all going to the beach today."

I had no choice but to agree. I missed the days when I had no time to even think, everything was in a tight schedule. Now, I had to depend on the guys to plan my day. Well, it was between dying from boredom or dying from the heat outside.

The afternoon was turning out to be unbearably hot, all I wanted was to sleep in a room with AC. I met Kai and Xander all dressed up at a restaurant where we were supposed to have lunch before we head out to the beach. Both of them were wearing shorts and T-shirts.

Seeing me Kai took off his sunglasses and looked at me disappointingly, "I thought you were wearing a bikini,"

I was wearing a swimsuit under my purple kaftan and denim shorts. "I don't have one here," I was quite embarrassed to admit that.