Pg.11

The whole atmosphere of the room seemed different.
"I want to wait until we get back though. I don't want to tell you here..." She looks at me sadly and then pulls on her cardigan.

Ethan, Angelika and I piled into the car. Even someone who didn't know what was going on could tell that something was wrong. You could just feel it in the air.
"Whoa what the hell happened between you too. I feel some tension in here." Ethan frowns while pulling out of Bryant's driveway.
"Shut up." I mutter while looking out the window.

The car ride was long and silent. The only thing I could think about was what she was going to tell me. What could be so bad that it would cause this feeling.

When we get back to the house the feeling had gotten worse. Maybe it was the wait or maybe it was something completely different.
"Angelika?.." I grab onto her wrist and pull her aside.
"Are you going to tell me now?" The face she gave me after I asked made me regret I had even mentioned it. She looked so broken and hurt.

She looked at me for a moment, then nodded and gestured for me to follow her. After entering her room she walked to her bed and then turned to face me.
"Go on I won't say anything until you've finished telling me." I give her an encouraging pat on the shoulder but she moves away and lowers her face.

"I didn't know when to tell you.. Or how. I didn't know if I should tell you or if I should wait. I never knew when the right time was and we haven't known each other for long so it never felt right to tell you.." Her eyes were watering now. I moved to comfort her but she gave me a look that made me stop in my tracks.

"Grayson I have cancer. Breast cancer to be exact. I was diagnosed 4 months ago. I found the lump while I was out shopping and then was told by my doctor that was indeed cancerous. They gave me pills to treat it and so far it's working. The lump is getting smaller."

Seeing her break into tears in front of me made my heart ache. I wanted to go and hold her in my arms and tell her I would be there for her every step of the way, but why aren't my limbs working. Why am I not moving towards her if I want to comfort her so badly.

"There's 96% chance that It won't spread and that I'll make it out of this and I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I should have I just didn't know how. I'm stupid. I'm so sorry." She was shaking now and her cheeks were damp with tears.
"Grayson please say something." Her voiced cracked at the end of her sentence and so did my heart.

She's been hiding this the whole time. She's been hiding her pills and how she really feels inside. Was I not good enough? Does she not trust me.
"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" I could hear and feel the words coming out of my mouth yet I never allowed them too.
"I didn't know how Grayson. I thought it was too soon." She said while wiping at her face angrily.

"Do you not trust me? I know we haven't known each other for long but I thought we had a connection Angelika."

Why am I saying these things? I should be comforting her but I'm not?

"I do trust you! We do have a connection Grayson I really like you." She was moving towards me now and I was moving away.

Why am I acting like this?

"If you trusted me you would have told me sooner."
"This is exactly why I was scared to tell you." She mumbled. Something went off inside of me and I knew I had to get out of the room.
"I gotta go." Turning on my heels I walk out of the room and slam the door behind me. I could hear her crying as I walked down the hall.

What's wrong with me.

__________________________

Sorry for the short chapter again I'm just having some trouble writing. I'm also sorry that this chapter and the last chapter sucked.

Love ya all💟

-k