Reality [n.h.]

(Another reminder for newer ones to this, y/f/n means your friend's name)

____________________________________

"Gosh, Y/N. Stop dreaming!" Y/N's best friend shouted in her ear.

Rolling her eyes, Y/N just rested her cheek on her palm and sighed.

Boy, was Niall Horan handsome. She thought.

"Stop wasting your time on staring at him and eat lunch." y/f/n said, pushing the barely touched plate of food closer to Y/N.

"But he's so–"

"Cute? Handsome? Smart? What else Y/N?" y/f/n interrupted her with a loud sigh.

"He's amazing." Y/N sarcastically answered, staring at her 'prince charming' once again.

Picking up her fork, she scooped some of the mac n' cheese into her mouth. Coughing, she made a disgusted noise and spat it out.

"Oh my gosh! Are you okay?" y/f/n exclaimed, patting Y/N's back.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Y/N sighed, wiping her mouth with a tissue.

"Oh shît." y/f/n muttered.

"Why?" Y/N asked, turning to her.

But then a clear of someone's throat interrupted them. Looking up, Y/N was met with those blue eyes she's always been dreaming of.

"Are you alright?" Niall chuckled.

"I'm totally fine." She coughed, wiping her mouth with the tissue once again.

"Just be careful, okay? I know the food here sucks." He smiled. And Y/N was pretty sure she was either gonna die or melt then and there.

"Okay." She nodded, still a look of shock in her face.

Niall just laughed, "You're cute, your name's Y/N right?"

"Mhm." She nodded again, biting her lip.

"Great, I'm Niall." He smiled, reaching out his hand.

"I know." She whispered lowly.

"What did you say?" Niall asked.

"Oh, nothing." She coughed once again, shaking her hands with his.

"Okay then, bye Y/N. See you next time." He nodded at her, standing up straight and walking away.

"Bye." She whispered.

Once she saw Niall sit back down with his friends, his back turned to her, she started freaking out.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh!" She exclaimed, shaking y/f/n's shoulders.

"Did you see that?!" Y/N half shouted half asked.

"I surely saw that." y/f/n nodded, smiling at her.

"He just talked to me." Y/N muttered in disbelief.

"The Niall Horan just talked to me!" She exclaimed. y/f/n hushed her, hoping that Niall won't hear Y/N's outburst. Even though his table was quite far from theirs, they were in the same room. 

"Would you quit it? People are starting to look." y/f/n rolled her eyes.

"Do I look like I care? Niall Horan talked to me! Plus, he was concerned!" Y/N continued to shriek.

"She found out that her brother is coming home from LA." y/f/n lied to the people who were starting to look. Some just nodded and looked away, while others just rolled their eyes.