Epilogue

Normal POV

Harry falls down to his knees, completely and utterly broken as the doctor walks away.

The doctor felt numb and indifferent to revealing the news of the loss of a person since they would lose people in the hospital almost everyday.

Louis runs over to his side and embraces his best friend.

"I'm so sorry, Harry" he soothes, tears flowing uncontrollably down his cheeks.

Harry couldn't respond, his world fell apart in the blink of an eye. The only girl whom he truly loved gone - not for a second, not for a minute, an hour, or even a day but forever.

- ♡ - ♡ - ♡ -

Harry's POV

After laying there on the ground feeling numb and helpless, Louis helps me up. My knees wobble and I hold onto his arm until my knuckles become white.

"Mr. Styles, you can see your wife before we take her body to the morgue" the nurse tells me as she approaches us. She gives me a half smile but pity was evident in her eyes.

"Do you?" Louis asks me, his eyes swollen.

"I've got to see her sometime" I croak.

I nod and take deep breaths. The nurse takes me by the hand and Louis follows to the operating room. The corridor is empty and cold, making me shiver and making my emptiness feel worse. My heart aches as we near the door to where I assume she lays.

"I'll give you some time" Louis says as he hugs me then walks away.

"I'm sorry you lost her" she tells me as she grabs hold of the doorknob.

I try to give her a half smile but I can't. It's all too much.

"I lost him too" she adds up.

I gulp as the tears flow down my cheeks.

"They say they can still hear things. I said my goodbye before they took him to the morgue" she says, a tear falling down her cheek.

"How did-" I begin to ask.

"We got into an accident. He suffered the most damage trying to save me. He got into a coma and I lost him" she explains.

"I'm terribly sorry" I whimper.

"Now go in there and spend some time with her. Tell her what you still can" She tells me.

She turns the door knob and I make my way inside, keeping my eyes on the floor.

When she shuts the door behind me, I immediately break down while taking the scene in front of me. Melody lays on the operating table. Her body is covered in a blue blanket which is just enough to show her head. Her arms are draped over her chest. Scars cover her beautiful face and her hair was a complete mess.

The girl I love beyond measures, my world, my heart, my everything - lifeless.

I approach her carefully. I grab her hand and hold it for the last time.

"Melody, wake up. Please" I beg.

No answer.

"Melody, wake up!" I half yell and half sob.

Her eyes remain closed.

"Melody?" I croak.

Her chest doesn't move.

I decide to shake her. Maybe this is all a bad dream. Yeah. Maybe I'll wake up at any moment. I close my swollen eyes and then open them harshly.

Nothing changed.

"Melody, I'm so sorry for making you drive on your own. Fck it, I messed up. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry" I sob into her lifeless body which is still warm. I lift her head up a bit and take her face in my hands.

"I shouldn't have let you go. I never learned. Damn it. I lost you once and I lost you again. This time for good. Please, Melody forgive me. Come back" I whisper thru the sobs.

"I need you, Darcy needs you, our new son does too. Baby, I'm so sorry. Baby come back" I cry uncontrollably, the pain eating the heart and life out of me.

I place a soft but gentle kiss on her pale lips. I took every moment in. I knew this would be the very last time I would be able to do it.

"Baby, I promise I will always do my best for them" I whisper into her ear, even though she can't hear me anymore.

She is gone, forever. And I blame myself for it.

(That's it! Thank you for reading what about darcy and part of your world! Book Three will be released pretty soon! So wait for my update! Oh and my mom wants to talk to a publishing company about my book. Hihi. I hope it gets published! :) Anyway, I love you all and thank you again! Here's my twitter: @myhiddenparadox)