Identities

I have to spend two weeks in the hospital wing, which I take as an excuse to catch up on my reading and binge watch The Flash, with my new viewing buddy- Spiderman.
I'm still annoyed that he won't tell me his name, which I think is more of a payback than an actual trust issue- but he's a good person to watch tv with. Halfway through the first series, he asks me a question.
"Why do you like Barry Allen so much?"
I roll my eyes. "Isn't is obvious?" He doesn't say anything. It's weird to see him in costume in ordinary settings, like bedrooms. "He's hot, he's a nerd, he's smart, he's adorably awkward, and he's got superpowers." I tick off. "What more does a girl want?"
Spiderman scoffs. "I'm smarter than Barry Allen."
"Yeah, yeah, whatever makes you sleep better." I laugh when he doesn't reply. "You're not jealous of a fictional character, are you?"
"No! Of course not." He denies quickly. Too quickly.
I sit back against the pillows with a smirk on my face, and we watch the rest of the episode in peace.

Once I'm finally allowed to get up and move about, I regain my movement by swimming every day. It's definitely an improvement on my leg-killing runs with Zed, even if my rib twinges every so often. I've got some wickedly evil scars on my abdomen and shoulder, and a thin mark on the left side of my face from the claws, but it could have been much worse. Four weeks after the incident, I'm allowed to go back to Kiara's to work, and it's relieving to get back amongst ordinary, regular people. The hustle and bustle is reassuringly normal, and no one mentions the Lizard. Mutant reptiles, apparently, are old news.

I do get a nice surprise halfway through my shift, however, when I'm given two coffees to take to a pair of men in one of the window tables- and when I get there, I see to my surprise that it's the two that gave me the money on the street, the blind man and his friend. The friend recognises me immediately.
"Hey, I know you- I saved you from those taxis!" He says excitedly. The blind man sits up, and turns in my general direction as I put the coffees down.
"That's me." I say cheerfully. "Thanks again for that."
"You work here?" Matt asks, sounding strangely happy. I couldn't forget his crimson voice if I tried.
"Yeah. I never really got a chance to thank you for that money." It's actually still in my room. I call it my luck money.
"You managed to change your fortunes around quickly." The other man comments. He holds out his hand. "Foggy Nelson." I shake it. Matt goes next.
"Matt Murdock." He says. Even though he's blind, his gaze seems to pierce my skin. "I'm just glad I helped."
"You definitely did." My smile widens. "And keep this between the three of us, but coffee's on the house, okay? Just to say thanks, again." Their faces split into identical grins as I walk away, my head held high. Good deed of the day, accomplished.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while. Where've you been?" I look up at the apple green voice of Harry Osborn, and sigh internally. He's harmless, but an irritant, talking to me whenever he gets the chance to do so.
"Busy," I say bluntly, ringing up his order. "Coincidentally, I still am."
He grins. It's the green of his eyes that unsettles me, I think. They're so unnatural, practically gleaming on his face.
"Shame. You could have joined me and Peter when your shift ends." I raise an eyebrow as he gestures to his friend, who never really says much to me. When I meet his eyes, a faint pink blush spreads across his cheeks and under his glasses.
"Sorry buddy, not today." Or any day, I add mentally. He scowls and snatches his drink from the counter, storming off. I roll my eyes. Drama queen.

"Harry- ugh." Peter groans. "Sorry about that- here, is this what I owe you?" He holds out a few notes, but I'm too dazed to take them.

His voice is electric blue.

No two people have the same coloured voice, not even identical twins. And his voice is blue, brilliant, startling blue, the blue that I've been spending weeks chasing after. The blue that I went into a sewer and a subway with.