c h a p t e r | f i v e

The day went by and night took over the world that was so cruel. The guards were in the barracks getting ready for bed, and (S/N) was about to sleep until he saw the strawberry blonde girl. She was sitting up in her bed with this worry in her eyes. (S/N) sat up and felt the need to talk to her.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Lauren was startled by his sudden question, and she looked at him with her soft hazel eyes.

"There's nothing wrong," she told (S/N) with her calm voice. "I just can't sleep that's all."

(S/N) stared at her for a while, then he smiled at her.

"Still nervous about working here?"

Lauren nodded.

"Yes, very."

"Don't worry about it. After a while it becomes normal."

"Really?"

"Really really."

Lauren giggled lightly, and (S/N) blushed just at the sight of her. She was beautiful in his eyes. Her voice, her laugh, and her sweet attitude just made him fall for her instantly.

"Thanks for assuring me that it's alright, (S/N)." she said before laying down to sleep.

The boy blushed when she said his name. When the words rolled off her tongue, he couldn't resist feeling this warmth in his heart for her.

"No problem." he replied back.

(S/N) laid back down on his bed. He couldn't sleep now. All he could think about was Lauren's beauty. He smirked at his thoughts and stared at the ceiling.

"Now I can't sleep." he muttered.

~(Y/N) P.O.V~

I sat on the window sill of my office's window. The full moon was out, and it's light filled the silent and lonely room. The smoke escaped my filthy mouth as I blew out. The taste of Floyd's fluids was still in my throat even after brushing my teeth and smoking plenty of cigarettes. I inhaled the toxins, then exhaled slowly and let the smoke trail up to the ceiling.

I heard my door open. The sound of quiet footsteps and the door closing was all I could hear. I threw my cigarette on the floor.

"So you read the letter?" I asked getting up from my window sill.

Levi came to me and put one arm around my waist. I looked up at him and stared into his steel grey eyes.

"I read every last word." he said before attempted to kiss me. I placed my finger on his lips.

"I'm not going to kiss you after what I did today." I told him. Levi moved my hand and kissed me. He made sure I wasn't able to push him off of me, and I gave in after trying to pull away multiple times.

I ended our kiss and let my emotions take over. Levi hugged me tightly and ran his fingers through my (H/C) hair. His soft lips kissed my forehead, and the slight scent of black tea in his breath was all I could smell when he spoke.

"(Y/N), I need you to look at me," Levi said lifting up my chin. I was blinded by the water filling my eyes, and Levi wiped away the tears falling down my cheeks. "I know it's been fifteen long years since we've seen each other. I can see the mental and physical scars Floyd has given you, and I should've been there to protect you."

I gulped and looked away from Levi. He made me look at him again, and I felt myself cry harder. I couldn't stare in straight in his eyes. I could hear Levi's breath hitch, for he was holding back his tears.

"(Y/N), I love you. Please tell me that you still love me."

"Levi," I said between tears. "I love you more than anything in the world. I just can't believe you're here."

I brought my lips to Levi's. He squeezed me tighter in his hug, and I placed my hands on his cheeks. I could feel his warm tears hit my hands as we kissed. His tongue met with mine after many years apart. I felt Levi's hands run over my silk night robes. His fingers touched every part of my body that he found precious. Levi pulled his mouth away from mine when he placed his hand on my stomach.

"The others say that the only reason why Floyd is trying to protect you is because-"

"I know, I know." I interrupted Levi. "I'm not pregnant, but that's what a lot of people think."

"I'm glad you're not pregnant."

"I am glad, too."

"(Y/N), please promise me something."

"I'll promise anything."

"Promise me that you'll survive and won't die in the wrath of the assassins."

"I promise I won't die. I'll do whatever it takes to not die."

Levi gave me a small smile, then he kissed my forehead and let go of my hands.

"I love you." he said before his smile disappeared. Levi looked back over at the door then back at me. "I have to return to my position downstairs. Can I see you here tomorrow night?"

I nodded at Levi. He kissed my lips lightly.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

"I love you, too, Levi."

He quickly left my office, and I watched him leave. He shut the door quietly, then the room was silent and lonely once again. I stood there, astonished that Levi wasn't angry nor sad that I had done such a promiscuous act in front of him.

I laughed slightly, then I picked up the cigarette box from my desk. I pulled out a cigarette along with a match and lit it up. I inhaled then exhaled the grey smoke.

"5,734."

~~~~~~~~

HI! I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER!

Okay, so how was that? I bet you died from boredom in that chapter lol.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!