IV

A/N: Sexual content and coarse language in this chapter.

You guys may as well also expect @f-ck_you to be writing all of my dirty scenes for me lmao, it's not really that I feel uncomfortable writing about it, it's more that I don't think I could write an adequate piece (the first time Jasper and Scarlett had sèx it was literally an in and out moment because, I sucked so bad at it lol!!)

For future reference, just know that f-ck_you will have 80% most likely done the dirty for the chapter  (chapters like these will be fairly infrequent).

Enjoy!

_________________________

• Silas •

I lay still, unmoving; holding my breath as my wife writhed and struggled for breath beside me, lost in yet another nightmare.

"Carmine... Please!" She choked out as I felt my entire body tense at the name.

That godforsaken name that would continue haunting her to her dying breath.

Yet I couldn't move an inch.

I couldn't offer her comfort.

Salvation.

My embrace.

No matter how much I wanted to, I remained still, hoping she would go back to sleep.

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

"Silas?" Her beautiful, cracked voice called out as I tensed up, answering her after a minute.

"Yes?" I responded softly.

"Are you awake?"

I smiled at her stupid question - her typical Serephina-style question - in amusement.

But that was a rarity I had to enjoy alone.

"No. I'm asleep." I replied sarcastically.

More silence.

Perhaps she'd fallen asleep.

"I can't sleep."

"Try to go back to sleep, Serephina." I responded tightly as I dared myself to look at her.

The light of the moon illuminated the space of our room; I traced the silhouette of her perfectly shaped nose, of her full lips, the outline of my goddess's body clad in black silk as she lay as still as a painting.

My beautiful wife, how she managed to look so enticing every night for the past three years was a mystery even to me, I thought as I felt my dìck harden from underneath the covers.

"I have something to ask," she spoke eventually as I felt my jaw tense. "I thought you might have had the decency to tell me yourself when I was practically in your face, cleaning you up. So, why didn't you tell me?"

"Tell you what, Serephina?" I responded, my tone bored.

"That you're leaving the country to kidnap the governor in God knows how many weeks, months or years? God forbid I actually knew when you were planning to exhibit your disappearing act."

"I was going to tell you, after I'd gotten what I needed out of him," I replied. "It won't be happening for a while so there was no need for you to know. Don't worry about it."