Chapter 12- Behind Closed Doors

A/n : So basically I wanted to write more about Harry and Louis at the hospital although I should be jumping back to Grace and channeling her feelings or whatever. I did the exact opposite so ya... Enjoy chapter 12! And little reminder. I ask you guys for the comments because I want to know that people are reading and that I'm not just updating for nobody. But hey- why not give you something to comment about. If you read this leave the words Peri-Peri Chicken somewhere in your comment. Be creative!!!

Harry POV

Louis and I enter the hospital quickly and I follow him to the third floor.

"This is where I spend my time." he says while pointing to a small empty door labeled 'lounge'.

"Where's the boy." I quickly reply, ignoring what he just said.

"Harry what are you talkin-"

I interrupt Louis "You know- the boy who you think can see you."

"I'm just warning you Harry," Louis says, "This boy's situation is really sad- his whole summer is now ruined because of the cancer he has. Can you handle seeing someone who is in a battle with death?"

"I-I'm sure I'll be okay." I replied shakily, imagining what this boy must be going through.

"C'mon Harry" Louis calls, "He should be chilling out in the lounge. Today's the day he comes for chemo."

I follow him and quickly walk straight through the closed door and to the other side. A boy no older than 14 sat on a couch across the room with a baseball cap on his bald head. His dull blue eyes stared at a basketball game playing on the outdated television. His eyebrows and lashes were dirty blond hinting on what his hair might of been like when it was there.

"This is the first time I've actually tried talking to the boy so be calm and don't frighten him. Don't tell him anything unless he's ready. I don't want him going to his parents and coming off as insane." Louis whispers in my ear.

"Same to you" I reply softly, looking at my feet.

The boys eyes glance towards Louis and I and quickly look back at the T.V.

"You go first," Louis whispers while nudging me, "he still thinks I'm his cousin."

I chuckle lightly and head over to the couch the boy was sitting on. I glance at the basketball game. "Hey dude!" I say as modern as possible "looks like we're both fans of the Miami Heat!"

The boy pauses and looks towards me "Not really. I'm more of a New York Clippers kinda guy." he says while gesturing towards his hat.

"Oh." I say giving up on all things modern, but then remember that he just replied to me, a ghost. The one thought replays through my mind, he can see me.

I come out of my daze and decide to act a bit more... like myself. "Well young man, I'm Harry, although my official name is Harold. I like Harry better. I was born here... a while ago, and look about eighteen years old."

The boy looks at me oddly "You look 18?" He questions in his American accent.

Louis gives me an angry stare. "Ya, because I'm 19." I quickly say, hoping he buys it.

"To be honest you don't look or behave like either. Well, anyways, I'm Lucas." He holds out his hand for me to shake. I quickly dismiss it knowing what a freak he'd think I am.

"Another one of you, eh?" Lucas chuckles. "No need to hide, I see you guys all the time."

"Huh bu-" I stutter.

"And you with the face trying to hide, I know your not my cousin, although you guys look strikingly similar." Lucas says, smiling.

Louis comes and joins us. "Another one of what?" he says, eying Lucas.