Chapter 7: Private Meetings and Private Issues

Although Lin wasn't eavesdropping anymore, she was still close by so she could get the scoop on what happened between her human friend and the river spirit. She would get Chihiro to talk even if it killed her.

"There probably in there right now confessing their undying love to each other." She muttered. "How romantic. Wait, did I just say romantic? Uh! I need to get out of this lovie-dovie atmosphere."

The sound of footsteps caught Lin's attention. Chihiro came running around the corner. Lin immediately went on the attack.

"Ok girl, start talk…" She trailed off as she saw tears in Chihiro's eyes. "Chihiro? What?"

The human girl didn't even seem to notice her as she ran by, leaving a very confused Lin behind.

"Huh? What just happened? That darn river spirit! What did he do now? I'll break his neck."

A moment later, Haku came running around the corner.

"Chihiro, wait come back!" He spotted Lin. "Lin, did Chihiro come by here?"

Lin narrowed her eyes. "Yeah, she went that way."

Ok, thanks."

He started to run by her, but Lin grabbed him as he passed.

"Oh no you don't." she snapped, pulling him back. "When she ran by she was crying her eyes out. What did you do to her, dragon?"

Haku didn't have time for this. He needed to fix his mistake. "Nothing, it was just a misunderstanding."

"Don't give me that!" Lin cried angrily, starting to draw attention. "You tell me what you did right now; unless you want me to beat you up now and ask questions later. AND WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT?" The spirits that had stopped to watch the scene immediately went back to work. Lin turned back to Haku. "Well?"

"Lin, I'll tell you later. I have to-"

"No, you'll tell me now! If you go after her now you'll probably make things worse. Now tell me what happened."

"Lin…"

"You could have told me by now!"

Haku clenched his fist. This crazy spirit wasn't going to let him pass until she got what she wanted.

"Fine, Chihiro and I were talking. Her contract with Yubaba came up and I said how it was going to be hard to break the contract again. She said that she wanted to keep her job and stay here and I explained how she couldn't since she was a human. Then she got all upset and ran off. Can I go now?"

He started to run off again, but Lin held him back. "No, you can't go. You stupid dragon, what where you thinking telling her that?"

"But it's true."

Lin smacked her forehead. "I know, but you don't tell her that during your first meeting in 12 years. What is wrong with you? Men, they always mess everything up."

Haku glared at her. "I'm trying to fix this."

"No, you are going to dig yourself in deeper! I'll talk to her first. She'll need some female support."

"But-"

"No buts!" Lin shouted, getting everyone's attention again. "She might not want to see you right now. Grr. Never mind. I'll yell at you later. I gotta find her."

She stormed off, leaving Haku behind with a room full of curious spirits.

(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)-(-)

Chihiro returned to her room and sat on the balcony. Looking out at the calm water always seemed to make her feel better. She was trying not to think about what had happened between her and Haku. That was not how she thought their reunion would be like. True, she hadn't didn't know how it would go, but she didn't think it would be like that. After 12 years she finally saw the one she loved again and the first thing he brings up is how to get rid of her. Was she really just a nuisance to him?