Chapter 2

Pain... Pain... Pain...

  That's all he felt. Both a physical and mental anguish. The knives, they burned. The thorns, they turned. All slowly combining to kill me; and the words, oh the horrible words.

  'He's a monster!'

  'Satan's spawn! The evil bastard of Satan!'

  'He's out of control again!'

  'Why were we ever friends with him?'

  'In the end, all he'll ever be is worthless demon trash. He should just die.'

  Worthless? Trash? Monster? Bastard? Was this what they really thought of him? That he was no better than a demon? None of those were his fault, he never asked to be born! Why didn't they get that? Why? Why couldn't they understand?

  ~

  This world is so unfair,
  I'm starting to wonder why I care.
  It hurts so much,
  But I still have reason to live.

  ~

  He giggled at the little poem running through his mind. Yes, it was rather unfair that they abandoned him, after all he'd done. He still had Amaimon though, and that was enough for him.

  Then he appeared. Blood dripping from his face, and splattering on the floor; pouring from his eyes, his ears, his nose, and his mouth. Drip... Drip... Drip...

  'Why couldn't save me, Rin?'  Blood began to pour from a gaping hole in his chest, drip-drip-dripping along with the rest. A thorny crown began to materialize on his head, cutting in and staining the once vibrant green hair.

  'Amaimon...' He whispered.

  'Why Rin? Why couldn't you save me?' He tilted his head, showing off now empty eye sockets. He was crying, tears mixing with the blood running down his face.

  'I tried! I'm sorry!' He cried out.

  'Words aren't enough from a monster like you. After all I did, this is what I get? I never should have helped, never should have save your miserable life.'

  'Amaimon' he choked out, before it all faded to black.

  ~

  This was his end?
  Left alone, without even a friend?
  Round and round the circle goes,
  But I still have reason to live.

  Hell, who was he kidding?
  All these feelings, all forbidding.
  Why did he still continue on?
  There was nothing left.

  ~

  He was a monster. Just a miserable demon forever to be tormented, never understood. He was worthless.

  There was a snap, and blue engulfed his vision. No more would he stand by, and be the one to get hurt. So with no hesitations, he released himself of all the shit he put up with and allowed free range to the part of him that was never free, letting go of humanity. What good did it ever do him anyways?

.......
  Rin shot up, gasping for breath. Grasping the sheets, he looked around in a panic for Amaimon. He was okay, he was laying right next to Rin, he wasn't dead, he still loves him. Not caring about the fact that he was sweating buckets, he pulled Amaimon closer to him, starting to sob. It wasn't often that he had that nightmare.

  "Amaimon..." he whispered in between sobs, making sure the other was still safe. "Amaimon... Amaimon... Amaimon..."

  "Rin?" went the sudden voice. He let out a sob in reply. "Hey, Rin. What's the matter?" He sounded really worried now.

  "You died," the sentence was broken by a sob," and were blaming me," there were a few hiccups now, "and said you never loved me." He quietly returned to sobbing into Amaimon's chest.

  "Hey, Rin," he cooed softly into the other's hair, beginning to lightly rub Rin's back with one hand and stroke his hair with the other. "It's okay. I'm still here, and I still love you."

  Rin looked up at him with grateful eyes. He knew this was out of character for the other demon, but it was nice to be reassured he actually did care.

  "Thank you, Amaimon." He murmured into his chest.

  "You don't have to thank me for something like this, I want to do it. I want to cheer you up after a nightmare. I want to do everything for you. I'd have thought a brat like you would understand after five hundred years," he said with a teasing tone present in his voice, the hints of a grin curling at the lips of a normally blank face. "Anyways Rin, I'm hungry and I want some candy."

  Rin gave out a laugh at this. Before he'd became a full-fledged demon, he had seen Amaimon with the occasional lollipop. Never before that did he think the demon would have such a large sweet tooth. "Okay then, let's go get your candy."

  "Really, Rin?" Amaimon's tail was wagging like crazy now, much like a dog's would when promised a treat.

  "Yes, Amaimon," he said with a slight grin. All the depressing thoughts from the nightmare blown away from his childish mate.

  "Then what are we waiting for?" Rin once again laughed and followed the other demon out of the bedroom, down the stairs and into the kitchen.

  "So Amaimon, you want any actual food with that candy?"

  "Sure," was the blunt reply.

  "Anything specific?"

  "Something Japanese since Brother's school is Japan. The food was pretty good last time I went exploring too."

  "Well, that's better than nothing. I'll see what I can do."

  So he began to prepare a simple breakfast for the two based on what he found stocked  in the kitchen, courtesy of the clown bastard. He luckily had enough to make rice, miso soup, grilled fish, and tamagoyaki. It was simple, but Mephisto didn't give them much, he'd have to talk to him about that later. That, and he was still a little drained from his nightmare, so he didn't feel like doing anything extravagant.

  They finished breakfast in silence. Not that of an awkward silence, but that of a comfortable one. That, and Rin's cooking abilities were still amazing. It was only after they ate that they began to talk.

  "Are you sure you're going to be able to do this?"

  "Yeah, I should be fine. I've had years to get over it anyways."

  "Okay, Rin. Just let me know if it gets to be too much. Big Brother tends to make his games a little extreme for the players, and while we are know the rules of his games, we are still players."

  "We should probably check on Samael today, see what he wants us to do."

  "Okay Rin..."

  .......

  So sorry that this took so long to get out, even though it's a shitty filler chapter. I'll try to get the next one out sooner and make sure it's actually related somehow to the pieces of a plot I'm thinking of. I can't make any promises on that though. I'm real sorry!