Chapter 6

He woke up alone.

  "Go figure," he said with a grimace. Of course Amaimon would have left.

  He got it, really he did. Most people thought that Rin was stupid (not anymore; it's amazing what wanting to actually learn paired with having a good teacher and the time to learn does for you), but in actuality it was that he learned differently than everyone else. Part of that just so happened to be that he understood people; he understood where they were coming, why they were doing what they were doing. So he really did understand where Amaimon was coming from. Even if he loved Rin, Amaimon was too simple minded to not listen to their brother. It was how he worked.

  That didn't make it hurt any less though. Rin really didn't appreciate being left alone, being surrounded by those who betrayed him. Especially when his lover would just disappear for weeks on end for Samael's orders. And all for some game with the humans. Sometimes he wondered if he and Amaimon were the ones Samael was really playing with. After all, his older brother knew that even he wasn't immune to his own domain.

  Slowly, Rin made his way to the kitchen. Oddly, he was slightly dizzy and he still felt rather tired even though he'd been awake for a while. It's not like he needed to eat, but the normality of cooking himself breakfast provided a small comfort for him. Still stewing over the fact that Amaimon had left without a word again, most of his cooking was done in a daze so he didn't even get that small comfort. Hell, he didn't even know what he had made as he carried it to the table.

  Holy fuck, the table... Placed on the table was a heart made entirely of green candy. Not one of the cute cartoon hearts, but the candy was placed in the shape of an actual heart. Rin burst out into gleeful laughter. Of course Amaimon would do something like this.

  He sat his food down carefully, to avoid destroying the green monstrosity his lover had made in an attempt to be sweet. He quickly ate his breakfast, a bittersweet smile adorning his face every time he glanced at the candy heart.

  There was a knock on his door. Must be Asuka ready to head to class with him. He didn't know whether he was relieved she was here or not. On one hand he wanted to sit at the table, and relish in the catharsis of the moment; on the other, he wanted to leave the house as quickly as possible and forget his problems.

  "Hey! Sleeping Beauty! Get your lazy ass up before I make you, you lazy fuck!" Asuka called out, pounding on the door to make a point. Damn that foul mouthed she-devil.

  He stomped over to his door and slammed it open before she could continue her onslaught of slowly breaking down his door. "Why the fuck do you have to be so fucking loud?" He greeted her.

  "Because that's the only way to get your slow ass out the fucking door," she sniped back. Fuck, he loved this child.

  "Well, maybe my 'slow ass' would hurry the fuck up if you didn't come and get me twenty fucking minutes before we actually need to fucking leave." Enough said.

  She stared at him, face blank, before bursting into giggles. It was a full body laugh. You could see it in the way she bent over, one hand clutching her stomach and the other covering her mouth. Her pigtails bounced in time to her giggles as well.

  "Well, some of us actually can't afford to be late," she said in between giggles. "Not all of us are lucky enough to have magical demon powers that somehow keep us from being late, or an uncle that runs the entire school."

  Okay, he would admit that his domain made travel to the school easier, but that uncle quip was totally untrue! There's no way Samael would let him off that easy. The sadistic bastard probably has his own special punishments if Rin ever broke the rules like that.