(1) Broken Beginnings

Never fear, the sequel is here! 

Brace yourselves, the sequel is coming.

...I could go on forever but the point is, I have a sequel for you all. People have been giving Peyton and Aubree the shipping name of Peybree, and I've decided I like it so I'm going to roll with it. Anyway, I've been waiting until the day I could write this, so, without further a do, here it is, my fabulous, fabulous readers. 

The Sequel to Achieving A Grades: The Graduate.

**

Peyton

Peyton Cooper picked up another one of her boxes, wrapping her arms around it and carrying the heavy thing out the front door. She was eighteen now, nineteen in a couple of days, with the same black hair, dazzling brown eyes, and a smile beautiful enough to kill. Over the past year or more, seeing that killer smile was a real rarity, all because her girlfriend, aka the love of her life, aka Miss Aubree Willis, had left without so much of a goodbye about a year and a half ago. No reason; no explanation. She just vanished into thin air.

And she had ripped out the heart and soul of Peyton in the process.

Despite that all being in the past, every day Peyton woke up with it fresh in her mind, like a new open wound, all over again. Aubree's best friend, Grace, had given no explanation either, and although she had stayed with Peyton and Sebastian and Noah, she had eventually left them for Aubree as well. The trio had no idea where the girls were. Peyton had no closure.

"Peyton, love, can you give me a hand?" her mother, Vicky, had called, and immediately Peyton shoved her box into the trunk of her best friend's car and ran in to help her mother.

Sebastian and Noah had their grips on Peyton's tv, their faces flushed and their steps heavy as they clunked along the floor to deliever the tv to Sebastian's car. Peyton's mother was frantically searching through Peyton's suitcase. "I'm just trying to find the photo album I gave you." she said, her gaze not lifting up from the suitcase. "I don't trust you with it; you'll lose it."

Peyton snorted and crossed her arms. "Oh, mother dearest, it's nice to know you trust me so."

"It's not the time for rhyming, love, I just want my album back." Vicky pulled out some of Peyton's t-shirts, and then her underwear. A black thong was amongst them, and Peyton blushed and ripped it from her mother's grasp. "Nor is it the time for saucy underwear and bad sarcasm."

Peyton shoved the thong in her pocket, her blush growing, and spoke again. "Mum!" she squeaked. "Honestly, I'm going to be nineteen in a couple of days, please stop embarrassing me so much."

Vicky laughed, pulling away from the suitcase and looking up at Peyton, her legs tucked under her. "It's my job, Peyton, and it's only going to get worse as you get older." she stood up, wrapping her daughter in a hug. "The older you get the more I cling onto the old memories of you. Please stop growing up so fast."

"I'm not Peter Pan, mum." she said, but she returned her mother's hug. "But I would look good in the outfit."

Vicky parted from her daughter, shoving the clothes back into Peyton's suitcase and zipping it up. "Sure you would, love." she replied, and Peyton's mouth flopped open.

"I would!" she retorted, but her mother only gave a sly smile.

"Love, do you have absolutely everything you need for university? I don't want to have to travel up there to give you a sock or something."

Peyton gave a snort-laugh and picked up her suitcase. "I have everything, mum. And I'm sure one sock wouldn't cause my world to implode, but ya never know."