Prologe

*Make sure you have Read the book description before you read this book*

  "Iris,do you want milkshake?" I heard my mum call from downstairs "yeah,I'll be down in a second" I called tiredly as I slowly got out of my single bed,grabbed my hairbrush,quickly brushed my hair then ran downstairs.I went over to the table in the middle of our kitchen and mum who was at the other side of the table,turned away from the blender on the side and pushed a fresh banana and honey milkshake to me "thanks mum" I said,taking a sip from the glass she just gave me "I know you don't like to eat so early in the morning,so I made you a milkshake" mum said then gave me a warming smile,then came a knock at the door "I'll be right back" she said and quickly walked over to the door.

When she came back she was huffing and rolling her eyes "what's up?i know it's not the ceiling" I said which made her say "no,it's the attic" then we both laughed "seriously though,who was that?" I asked when I had stopped laughing,mum rolled her eyes once More "a guy from vault-tech,we have been allowed access to the local vault,I've forgotten the number already!" I drank a bit more milkshake then said "well I guess we will be prepared" mum laughed then muttered " 'prepared for the future' as he said" and did some sort of jazz hands.

Then when I was playing with my Rubix cube,sat on the couch with my mum,then mum nudged me hard "Iris,listen to the TV" she said seriously.I looked up and the news was on,"we have confirmed reports,I repeat,confirmed reports,of nuclear detonation in-"
I covered my ears because I knew what was coming next,I knew I was right because I heard my mum say "my god,that's here!" I started to cry and my mum hugged me.

Just then there were sirens going off everywhere and my mum managed to lift me up off the couch "come on,we need to go to the local vault" she shouted over the sirens.