Jungkook <<Recovery>>

Seuqel to: Jungkook- Wake Up

-

I enlarged my pupils as I tried to hold back my tears of joy. He just stared at me like a newborn baby would do when they are just born into this world. "J-Jungkook?" He squeezed my hand again and weakly smiled.

"I love you too Valerie."

-

It's been a few weeks since Jungkook was discharged from the hospital, and I couldn't be any more happier. Our bond is stronger, our love is bigger, our relationship is better.

I never let him out my sight either. Whenever we cross the street, I make sure he holds my hand. Whenever he uses the bathroom in a public place, I would stand outside guarding it.

Weird, I know...

But ever since he got jumped really bad by those thugs, I have been more protective and clingy than before. I don't want the same thing to happen to him again, so I make sure he's fine in every way.

"Baby, do you want me to fluff your pillow for you?" We were in the bedroom watching our usual crime shows from the Investigation Discovery channel. You can never go wrong with a little murder once in your life.

Totally kidding...

He shook his head and smiled as he sat up against the headboard. "Nah Val, I'm fine, but thanks for offering."

I looked at him while chewing on my nachos and swallowed it down. "How about more nachos then? Or maybe some more juice?..or maybe-"

"Baby, I'm fine, seriously. Don't stress yourself out over taking care of me. I can do some things by myself." And with that, he kissed my forehead and ruffled my hair before getting off the bed with his empty plate.

"But yes, I did wanted more nachos." He walked out towards the kitchen, with me following right behind him, of course. What if he was to fall down the stairs? 

He entered the kitchen and grabbed some tortilla chips before placing them on his plate and went over to the stove for the finishing touch.

"Okay. I understand. But what about a nice bubble bath? I can draw it for you."

He kept his attention towards the food without turning my way once. "That's not necessary, Valerie."

"Oh, then maybe a massage."

"Don't want one."

"Foot rub?"

"My feet are fine."

"Dessert?"

He sighed and turned around without realizing that the stove heat was on. "Valerie, I said I was-"

"Baby, your hand!" But it was far too late. He yelped as a reflex and held his now throbbing hand. His face turned red from the stinging pain.

I widened my eyes and dashed over to the rescue. I grabbed his hand and rubbed it. "Oh my god! Jungkook, are you okay? Look, I have my first aid kit in the upstairs bath-" He yanked hosbhand away from me and screamed at me.

"Damn it Valerie, stop freaking smothering me! I said I was fine, Jesus!" I blinked my eyes out of shock and gulped to hold back the tears that were forming.

Before he could say anything else, I ran off to the guest room and locked it afterwards. I slowly walked to the bed and sat down before shedding a few tears.

He's never yelled at me before. I seen a new side of him, and it's all because of me. Maybe I was smothering him.

It's not like I meant to be clingy though. I just wanted to take care of him and protect him from danger. I wanted him to be pampered in every way possible because I care so much for him. I literally hate to see my baby in pain.

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on the door. "Valerie, open the door please. Can we talk for a minute?"

I got up and made my way towards the door. I could literally hear him breathing through the door. That's how close he was.

I opened the door and glanced up at him while wiping my cheeks. His face was ridden with sadness and guilt. He grabbed my hand and walked inside.

We both sat down on the bed and he looked into my eyes. "Valerie, I am so sorry I yelled at you. I didn't mean to get all worked up like that. That was wrong on my behalf. I was just so-"

"Tired of me?" He awkwardly coughed and looked away as he shakes his head.

"Whaaat? No, I-I wasn't going to say that. But anyways, I just want you to see where I am getting at. I understand you want to protect me and care for me, but you have to know your limits baby. I'm old enough to do a lot of things myself. I thank you for everything you have done for me since I got out of the hospital, but I think I can manage on my own sometimes."

He lifted up my chin and wiped my remaining tears from my cheeks. "I need you to comprehend that." I sighed and looked down.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I admit, I was too clingy with you. I'm sorry for sticking to you so much. I promise to ease up so you can have your space. I mean, I don't want to smother you." I looked up to him and smiled, to which we both shared a laugh.

"Well, I guess we should go back and get your nachos before it gets cold." I stood up and headed for the door until I was pulled back into his arms.

He snaked his arms around my waist as I lifted my head to face him. No sooner I turned to him, he placed a small, but lingering kiss on my lips and pulled away.

"What was that for babe?" Jungkook smiled and shrugged his shoulders as he moves away and holds my hand.

"Just because. Now come on, we're missing our shows and I really need my nachos." I made a small giggle as we both left out the room.

I'm so happy to have him back with me.