Chapter 3 - Bianca

The morning comes around. I didn't realise when I even fell asleep. See I thought that would be impossible after everything that's happened.

At least now I know that this is the real Max but who was that imposter. The one who fooled everyone. I mean how on earth do they look the same?

I notice Max watching me. I feel like I should be uncomfortable but it doesn't bother me.

"Hey," he says. "You okay?"

I nod. "Fine," I say.

I look down at the cut across my leg. It looks bad and it hurts but I don't say a thing.

I get up and splash my face with the water they've left on the table. I lift the jug. "Want to wash your face?"

Max lifts the chain. "Can't, I'm bound."

I walk over and tip the jug over so water drips on my hand as I run my hand across his face. It doesn't help much so I tip the jug over his face and I watch the blood turn the water pink as it drips over his face and body. His shirt wet to the touch.

I go to rip a piece of my shirt but Max informs me to just use his shirt.

I grab the edge and rip it off him. I try to keep my mouth shut when I notice his six pack underneath. How on earth does he still have a six pack being locked up?

I ball his shirt up as I rub his face. The blood and dirt from his face reveals his real skin colour. A slight tanned skin. Perfect except the cuts across his chest.

"I haven't been washed in ages," he says almost embarrassed. "Mind helping me out."

I can notice the blush on his cheeks as I grab his shirt and pour some water over his chest and rub him clean with the shirt. Or at least as clean as I can with what we have.

I notice I'm blushing too by the way he looks at me. Rubbing the shirt all over his chest has made me giddy with excitement and I'm afraid he knows that.

The door swings open and a guy slides two plates forward. It's plain chicken and rice. I watch him as he shuts the door and leaves.

I pull at the plate but I don't feel like eating. I'm here and he's there chained to the wall. He doesn't say anything because I know he doesn't want to bother me but I'm sure he's hungry. I got nothing all day yesterday and by the noise my stomach is making, it's clear to both of us that I'm starving.

I grab the spoon and walk over to him. I hold the spoon near his mouth as he opens it and I place some food in. "Thanks," he says as he chews.

I take turns spooning a mouthful of rice and chicken into our mouths. After both the plates are finished, I place them on the table on the right hand corner of the room and grab the jug. I pour some into my hand and drink.

I look back at Max. He shakes his head. "I'm all good."

I can tell he doesn't want to bother me so I walk over with the jug. I pour some into my hand and hold it up to his lips.

The way his lips touch my hands tickles but it's a good feeling and I kind of like it.

When the two men walk in again. They grab me by the hair and slam me against the floor. They drag a knife across my belly button and I scream as the blood drips down my clothes.

Max shouts for them to stop but they don't, and before I know it, a fist connects with my face and I fall to the ground. I grasp for air as I try to push myself up.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask in a quivering voice.

They don't answer. Instead they walk over to Max and stab him with an injection in his leg. His head flops to the side but I can tell he's trying to fight whatever they gave him.

When they leave, Max pulls at the chains as if to free himself but it's useless because he's locked.

I drag my body against the floor and then lean against the wall to push myself up.

I lift the key up and Max watches me.

"Got it out of their pocket when they were hitting me."

I walk over to Max, my limp still evident and place the key in the lock and unlock him from the chain.

I can feel my body crumbling and as I'm about to hit the floor, Max grabs me.

"I've got you," he says.